New Zealand South Island Landscapes

wangxu94

6724777423_7bed88ccaf_b.jpg

I'm jealous :(

Great pics, especially love the B&W!

HI,
I love the scenic pictures that you took in NZ, however there are a few photos that makes me wonder a bit, such as this one.
It seems that the top of the"mountain lines" are quite visible, which may be caused by post processing. It seems like the mountain was selected to be masked, and the sky was either replaced or tweaked, and when the two images were put together again, the borders appear quite obvious.

Still in general, great moments, great pics.

Bro .. to be honest we can see that NZ is nice and very picturesque. However your photos are mostly of snapshots. Lack punch and a subject figure. If your purpose is just to take snapshots and happy with that, nothing much i can say. But if u do wanna improve check out Wil03 Budapest photos. See the impact he brings from his photos. Learn from it and i'm sure you would change how to take your next photo.

I totally disagree with your statements of these photos are "mostly snapshots". And then you make a comparison with Wil03 Budapest photos, which are completely different location and style. While Wil03 photos were taken in the city with the typical cityscapes, wangxu94 did it in the middle of nowhere, No buldings, no bridges, and definitely no humans in sight to warm the whole image. Comparing the two, is just like comparing the works of Henry Cartier Bresson to Ansel Adams.
In my opinion, both photographers did great "snapshots", given the situations they were in. Just my opinion...

Hi wangxu94,

Thanks for sharing.. I will be there in few months time.. Mind to share what's in your back? I will be preparing for it =)

Cheers,

Went to South Island for 3 months 2 years ago during the earthquake. Was in christchurch sleeping when that happened. Well to be honest, when you are in NZ, even taking snapshots with your iPhone would be simply amazing. Just to comment a little on your photos, you might want to tone down on your HDR processing. Some of it really makes your pictures looks really fake, or simply too over-done.

Well if anyone wanna know what to bring, definitely bring a steady tripod, UWA, and a car (rent). I stop every 5 minutes because the view is simply fantastic.