New Zealand - Pictures + Itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransoma22

Mar 31, 2002
KTV Lounge Hall
Quite a number of people asking me what my itinerary for the South Island.

Took Emirates Airlines. Transit in Brisbane, Auckland(NZ North Island) and took a domestic flight to Christchurch (South Island).

Stayed in this backpackers. It not bad and walking distance to City Central. http://www.cokers.co.nz/

Christchurch City

CRW_2298.jpg

CRW_2303.jpg

CRW_2302.jpg

Driving Route

We drove westward along Highway 73 to Darfield and follow the Inland Scenic Route 72.

Christchurch -> Darfield -> Hororata -> Inland Scenic Route 72 - > Geraldine

See Map
http://www.nzscenicroute.com/map.htm

Near Darfield. Start of Inland Scenic Route 72.
CRW_2316.jpg

Rakia Gore. Not stated in the map I have in hand at that time. Think I have overdo this shot with my polariser .. :sweatsm:

CRW_2322.jpg

CRW_2330.jpg

CRW_2333.jpg

From Geraldine, we drove straight to Lake Tekapo following Highway 79

See Map
http://www.nzscenicroute.com/map.htm

Lived in this Scenic Resort overlooking the lake.
CRW_2382.jpg

CRW_2408.jpg

CRW_2365.jpg

Inside the chapel
CRW_2421.jpg

to be continued.......*

lazy to do Day 2 onwards..* :sweat:

Wow... and you never bring me along :bsmilie:

Glad you enjoyed yourself, the scenary there is marvellous, hope to be able to shoot there with a model or two some day :)

espn said:
Wow... and you never bring me along :bsmilie:

Glad you enjoyed yourself, the scenary there is marvellous, hope to be able to shoot there with a model or two some day :)
:sweat: :sweat: ..

You can superimposed one or 2 of your models in if you want to :sweatsm:

Most of your pictures are very colourful. Very Nice Shot.

Perfectshot, Evilmerlin: Thanks! Glad you all like them.

roon2c: Thanks! It time for you to cross over here. Long time never see you around in SG!!!...

land of the hobbits! nice!! :D

Very good shots!!!!! :bigeyes:

Make me want to go back.......but no $$$$ :cry:

beautiful Pictures....
was in christchurch one month back.....
drove down to queenstown.....
went to lake tekapo, mt cook, then queenstown....
my pictures did not turn out that well though.... :cry:

I love the sky

tchuanye said:
Very good shots!!!!! :bigeyes:

Make me want to go back.......but no $$$$ :cry:

sama sama... :(

that aside, really very good shots you have there, ransoma22! :thumbsup:

Hi ransoma22,

Wow nice nice pics, i cant wait to go NZ in Jan 05! I m also planning to travel the Inland Scenic Route 72, heard it's beautiful. Another nice route will be the southern scenic route, might try that if time allows.

I hv shortlisted cokers backpackers too but when i saw pubs inside this backpackers, i hestitate as i m thinking it might be very noisy n smokey?? pls. advise as i m a peace lover. thanks. ;)

Yvisg said:
Hi ransoma22,

Wow nice nice pics, i cant wait to go NZ in Jan 05! I m also planning to travel the Inland Scenic Route 72, heard it's beautiful. Another nice route will be the southern scenic route, might try that if time allows.

I hv shortlisted cokers backpackers too but when i saw pubs inside this backpackers, i hestitate as i m thinking it might be very noisy n smokey?? pls. advise as i m a peace lover. thanks. ;)

for a more quiet and peaceful accom. in christchurch try classiquelodge.co.nz , speak to bob , nice and friendy uncle rates starts from $NZ80, alternatively try raceway motel , rate at $NZ88 per nite nice and quiet surrounding , near to town square and railway too, if u want to try the alpine train ride.

alex , u went there during their spring ?? nice colours and flowers ..... it's was jus early spring when i'm there. sigh ....

wow.... hope i can keep that sky in my jar ;p

hand :thumbsup: :thumbsup: hand
leg :thumbsup: :thumbsup: leg

EOS20D, tchuanye, lumix, footprints, zerofour: Thanks!

fattybombombom: Could be the timing, some timing in NZ is very harsh to take landscape :sweat:

Yvisg: NZ in Jan 05...Geez...I wish I could go back again :cry: . Inland Scenic Route 72 is :thumbsup: .
The pub is not noisy, just some travellers getting a few cup of drinks and chill out .. *i a peace lover too*
Along the way, you will see snow-capped mountain with sheep in the foreground or flowers as foreground. Towards Geraldine, you will see Mt. Sommers and Mt. Hutt, never go into Methven though.

As for Southern Scenic Route, there a number of attractions that you can go. Example: Slope Point, the southern tip of south island. Curio Bay, Florence Hill Lookout, Purakaunui Falls in the catlins and more.. If you are lucky in Invercargill, you might see aurora light, other that that, if not you can simply skip this town ;) ;) ..

http://homepage.mac.com/stevoss/Aurora/PhotoAlbum36.html

Cheers!

poohbear: I went late spring...

Status
Not open for further replies.