::New Zealand Panorama::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow nice pics!! :bigeyes: :thumbsup: :heart: Like pic 1 the best.

Brings back fond memories. My only nitpick is that Mt Cook should have been positioned in a more dominant position, otherwise folks will mistake the wrong mountain to be Mt Cook.

excellent! :thumbsup:

melnjes said:
Wow nice pics!! :bigeyes: :thumbsup: :heart: Like pic 1 the best.

Brings back fond memories. My only nitpick is that Mt Cook should have been positioned in a more dominant position, otherwise folks will mistake the wrong mountain to be Mt Cook.

oh ahhh for ppl like me who haven't gone to NZ, which is Mt Cook? i thought the whole area is Mt Cook...

Your pics are solid man! Very nice and well taken! Was there in 98 for honeymoon.......wish to go back someday again.....

I went there for 12 days for wedding shoot last year feb and yet we did not see such beautiful lake reflections in any of the days :(

our stay were planned so if weather not so good, just have to give the location a miss.

here is some of our NZ shots. The photos are taken by my photographer but flash and editing done by me.

http://pisduck.com/indexdd.html

you must have wake up early morning or stayed to like 9-10pm to shoot those pics. We did not, and most of the time were like 4pm, maybe the lake not so quiet...

Agreed NZ is a very nice place and CHEAP if travelling in a Party of 4. The accomodations are so cheap, like 120-150 per night for 4 people and you get a big apartment with kitchen, 2 bedrooms.

Mt cook, is the mountain with the snow :) during Feb, not much show left... only the higher mountains have it.

Wonderful Pano shots you got there :thumbsup:

lumen said:
oh ahhh for ppl like me who haven't gone to NZ, which is Mt Cook? i thought the whole area is Mt Cook...

Mt Cook is the mountain on the left-hand side of the picture, with the snow and slight cloud cover. :)

wind30 said:
here is some of our NZ shots. The photos are taken by my photographer but flash and editing done by me.

http://pisduck.com/indexdd.html

Your webby beyond the flash doesn't work leh. The pic shown in the flash looks familiar. By any chance, does your photographer's name start with "K"?

haven't done the website yet :) too lazy.

nope my photographer's name doesn't start with k.

but I find the lhjz scenery shots so much better. esp the lake shot... should have woke up early in the morning to catch the still lake.

maybe the days I am in NZ is very windy.

wow! you've indeed captured the essence of this beautiful place.... *sighz* still wondering when I can go again....

anyway :thumbsup: :D

Great thing you did too... as in just going with no plans and staying where you like.... the problem is you'll probably wanna stay at many of the places!! ;p

lumen said:

d417.jpg

this is mount cook.... it looks like a face now... huge eyelids and pointed nose :D This image was taken over 2hrs.... very nice color transformation.

Sorry for the slow loading of the pics, i hotlink them from another forum ;p

Most of the days i still wake up like normal 8am and sleep like around 11pm. Woke up earliest at Lake Tekapo (6am) and slept latest at Mt Cook to shoot star trails (3am). Guess thats the only way to get the pics you want. ;)

Indeed NZ is quite a cheap place to go. Apart from the costly air tix, the rest of the cost like lodging, transport, food etc can be quite budget.

I went Christchurch, Lake Tekapo, Mt Cook, Wanaka, Queenstown, TeAnau, Milford Sound, Dunedin, Kaikoura, Punakaki, Arthur's Pass etc. I must say i am not really budget. We rent a car throughout the journey, stayed at motels(+-SGD100/day). Excluding airfare whole trip cost me and my partner SGD5000 which is only about SGD130/day per person. So if you are travelling in grps of 3/4, its even more cost savings. Anyone wants details of my trip can email me. I will be happy to share them with you.

add info: i took more than 5000 pics (8GB of files) hahaha :sweatsm:

Excellent panos. Bring back wonderful memories for me. Thanks for sharing.

Breath taking pictures! Love them all.

One technical question to ask. How do you ensure the wave crest in Pic#6 (Moeraki Boulders) look natural when you stich them together after taking successive 3 or more shots?

kloud said:
Breath taking pictures! Love them all.

One technical question to ask. How do you ensure the wave crest in Pic#6 (Moeraki Boulders) look natural when you stich them together after taking successive 3 or more shots?
first of all that image is more than 180 degrees angle of view.. its a little tricky to stitch... esp when the scene could change every second eg people, waves, clouds.

in all i took 15 pics(8 to make a set and the rest are for specific areas). You are right that the crest doesn't match... but with a little cut and paste/transformation/cloning... you will get an almost natural crest... practice makes perfect...
click my homepage below for my simple workflow

Stunning photos, those are among the best panoramas photos that i have seen so far. Great sky details and water reflection and the stitching are properly done.

Richard
Enclosed is my panoramas photos
http://www.pbase.com/kiah/panorama_view

Nice, nice, nice... :thumbsup: . May be that should be the next destination for my annual year end trip!

nice night pano you had there :)
guess its much harder to stitch night photos, great work :thumbsup:
that will be my next aim ;)

richard9318 said:
Stunning photos, those are among the best panoramas photos that i have seen so far. Great sky details and water reflection and the stitching are properly done.

Richard
Enclosed is my panoramas photos
http://www.pbase.com/kiah/panorama_view

Status
Not open for further replies.