new york

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuong

Apr 8, 2006
hi guys. a few photos from my trip to New York

this is brooklyn bridge

Nice perspective! Like the 2nd one better. More pls...

I was reading a book "Art of Seeing" that was talking about compostion and how subtle effects of certain patterns e.g. oblique lines tend to invoke dynamism with lots of energy. Your wonky angles made the man on his foldable bike look like a MTB racer (enhanced with the fisheye effect), at least I do see it that way. I love the lines.

Great stuff!

yes i have another one

and #4

I was reading a book "Art of Seeing" that was talking about compostion and how subtle effects of certain patterns e.g. oblique lines tend to invoke dynamism with lots of energy. Your wonky angles made the man on his foldable bike look like a MTB racer (enhanced with the fisheye effect), at least I do see it that way. I love the lines.

Great stuff!

actually i thought otherwise. the above phenomenon is also described by bryan peterson and my further understanding is that it is used in situations to simulate an alternative but not bizarre viewing angle or on actions that is not parallel to horizon, such as those mountain biking on a slope.

i would think that is good for a slope, not a bridge, and that is good for a bike, not a boat, and fair for a rural folk with his bicycle.

thanks.
can you elaborate more about the effect that you're talking about? is it the wire mesh in #2 or is it the lines in all photos? and can you point me to that book? it sounds interesting.

thanks.
can you elaborate more about the effect that you're talking about? is it the wire mesh in #2 or is it the lines in all photos? and can you point me to that book? it sounds interesting.
Strongest line i see in #2 is the horizon and that is the exact one the bicycle is headed towards but there were many oblique lines that seem balanced. Your #1 is balanced too but your #3 invoke some head twisting as the lines seem hanging in the balance. Of course, these are personal feelings... just like 'eye of the beholder' tag line.

I was/am reading a book "Photography and Art of Seeing" by Freeman Patterson, talks about subtle effects of colors, lines, etc which is pretty much cumulative effect other than the standard composition. A little dry as almost feels like a textbook but very enlightening; it's actually a book for people to SEE, the author claimed. He then details concepts of Barriers to Seeing, Learning to Observe, Imagine then Express.

thanks. that sounds like a really interesting book. i will try to take a look at if if i have chance

Status
Not open for further replies.