New York New York!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I paid US$79 for a room with shared toilet facilities. When I opened the door, my jaw almost dropped; the room was just big enough to contain the bed with a couple of other stuff... literally a "bed room" :D :D
But location was good; just 1/2 a street away from that big 1/2price ticket booth in broadway :)

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Watcher
You have no idea. A motel on friday night was at US$300+++, a Holiday In corner room was US$495 :eek:

I managed to get US$180-230+++ in mid town Manhattan..:eek:

Originally posted by nuts
Heh, I paid US$79 for a room with shared toilet facilities. When I opened the door, my jaw almost dropped; the room was just big enough to contain the bed with a couple of other stuff... literally a "bed room" :D :D
But location was good; just 1/2 a street away from that big 1/2price ticket booth in broadway :)

..NuTs..

You staying behing the steaming Nissin Cup Noodle izzit???? :D :D

Originally posted by mahler
Cheaper to stay at New Jersey and take the shutter from there.
Takes bout an hour to commute to downtown.
Cheaper? Yeah. But I prefer more errm convenience to drop off my shopping ;) .

Originally posted by ckiang
My single room in Hotel Pennsylvania cost ~US$200, luckily it's paid for by my company. And it's more like a 3-star type. On the plus side, it's a couple of streets away from the Empire State. :)

Regards
CK
I was on my own vacation so you can imagine the :bheart: . The cheaper one was in a 3-star. Cannot haim leh... 32nd street, between 5th and 6th, in the middle of Korean Town, turn the corner and 2 blocks later is the Empire State Building. Some more got free continental breakfast...

Originally posted by nuts

..NuTs..

The US$300+ can accomodate at least 6 people and has a jacuzzi! :eek: I didn't want it but it was a last-minute kind of thing...

I was on my own vacation so you can imagine the :bheart: . The cheaper one was in a 3-star. Cannot haim leh... 32nd street, between 5th and 6th, in the middle of Korean Town, turn the corner and 2 blocks later is the Empire State Building. Some more got free continental breakfast...

Wah, at least got breakfast. Hotel Penn don't give me free breakfast despite being so ex for what they offer me. But hey, NY is a great place. The grid system made it so easy to navigate. Only I did not know about B&H back then, otherwise.....

Regards
CK

The last time I was there is Oct 98, overcast skies everyday. :(

Regards
CK

I went there in Apr 2000. The weather was bad there everyday the week before I arrive and even the day I arrived it was rainy and cold. But the next day....:)

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1528720

What a joy it was! But then all the tourists who had been locked indoors all this while appeared in hordes everywhere!

Originally posted by Ansel
I went there in Apr 2000. The weather was bad there everyday the week before I arrive and even the day I arrived it was rainy and cold. But the next day....:)

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1528720

What a joy it was! But then all the tourists who had been locked indoors all this while appeared in hordes everywhere!

Wah, not fair. This is what I get from the Empire State:

aaa.jpg

Regards
CK

Wah, not fair. This is what I get from the Empire State:

aaa.jpg

Regards
CK

At least the forground is OK.

Anyway, the building at the bottom of the frame slightly off centre to the left, the one with a triangular footprint or plan, is photographically quite significant. Anyone knows?

It was also the world's tallest building in the world at the time it was completed.

There are two islands on the top righ hand corner of the photo. The lower one is Ellis Island, and the higher one is Liberty Island. You can barely make out the Statue Of Liberty.

Originally posted by Nikonian Foo
Chelsea International Hostel. US$30.00 including all taxes. I think Chelsea is downtown Manhattan right?

Not really. Chelsea if it is in Chelsea itself, is considered to be in lower manhattan.

The US$300+ can accomodate at least 6 people and has a jacuzzi! :eek: I didn't want it but it was a last-minute kind of thing...

Man, the pple who have the dough, have all the fun eh? :eek:
Well, this is what I got for my US$79 room; yes, I am at the doorway, and the door opens inward just enough to miss the bed. I had to do everything on the bed...LOL
I :heart: NY! :angel:

hotelrm.JPG

..NuTs..

Hi all and thanks to all who have posted..

will definitely check out the places u have mentioned..
anyways..accomodation will not be a problem cos i''m staying at my friend's place..food too i hope.. ;p

anyways are there any shops like TCW i can pop by ?

erm..heard its manhatten..
do i need to be more specific...?

As someone has mentioned, must go B&H. It's big. Bigger than,er...Cathay Photo. It's like an emporium. Everything optics/imaging/lighting. And I haven't got chance to go upstairs check out the 2nd hand equipment because they work half day on Friday as well!!!!!

These Jews, work 4.5 days, earn so much money. I want to join them leh.

Manhatten island itself is a really BIG place.

Status
Not open for further replies.