New X-Drive Pro VP300 (USB 2.0/Card Reader/MP3/Portable Storage) Now Available!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastGear

EastGear is proud to announce its latest product.

X's-Drive Pro is a flexible multifunction device that's a USB 2.0 mobile hard disk, MP3 player and memory card reader, all squeezed into a neat portable package. As a memory card reader, it accepts all types of popular memory formats (CompactFlash Type I/II, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, SD/MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD Picture Card) and its easy to use Copy function copies files from your memory cards to the internal hard disk with just the press of a button. It is even possible to copy or delete individual files from the memory card or the HDD with its single file copy/deletion feature. With its LCD panel, it can display detailed working status such as battery power level indication and file transfer - and even the names of files being transferred. Best of all, the X's-Drive Pro includes a built-in internal rechargeable battery; so you can bring it anywhere you want.

Recommended Retail Price: $239.00 (w/o HDD) incl. GST

vp300.jpg

Available from these reputable authorised dealers

Cathay Photo Store (Pte) Ltd
Peninsula Plaza #01-11/14 Tel: 6337 4274
Marina Square #02-219 Tel: 6339 6188

Shaw Tower
T.K. Fototechnic #02-45 Tel: 6292 4533

Sim Lim Square
Alan Photo Trading #01-38 Tel: 6336 0922
Sysnet Communications Pte Ltd #04-01 Tel: 6336 7005

Funan The IT Mall
Chamoxa #05-15 Tel: 6339 6615
Inforcom Systems & Consultancy #03-08 Tel: 6339 0145
ZoomPix #05-16 Tel: 6338 8454

(Do not buy from unauthorised dealers as they are parallel imports without warranty from manufacturer and without PSB safety approval)

Sole Regional Distributor: EastGear Pte Ltd (Peninsula Plaza #02-08 Tel: 68371582)

woah. built-in internal rechargeable battery??? i'm interested man... :what:

any special promotions for CS members from EastGear? ;)

Larry said:
woah. built-in internal rechargeable battery??? i'm interested man... :what:

any special promotions for CS members from EastGear? ;)

any bundle with Harddisk ?

ekardo said:
any bundle with Harddisk ?

Most of the authorised dealers do bundle the X-Drive Pro with harddisk, do check them out.

As a rough guide:

20GB HDD is approx. $180-190
30GB HDD is approx. $200-220
40GB HDD is approx. $230-250

I bought mine at Sysnet 2 weeks ago at $390.00 with 20GB HDD. Battery last slightly longer than the XDrive 2. Sorry but I do not think you can use a 40GB HDD on XDrive Pro as it's NOT compatible if you use Windows XP. Read the manual as it's stated. Only 20GB and 30GB can be use for the moment until they come out with the new firm ware for the 40GB. Not sure with other OS.
Pity only plays MP3s only. Does not support WMA. Sigh!

Pro Image said:
Sorry but I do not think you can use a 40GB HDD on XDrive Pro as it's NOT compatible if you use Windows XP. Read the manual as it's stated. Only 20GB and 30GB can be use for the moment until they come out with the new firm ware for the 40GB. Not sure with other OS.

Not true. You can format 40GB or higher harddisk using Win98 (FAT32) and use on any OS including WinXP.

How long does the battery last? can you supplement the internal battery with AA rechargables?

is it smaller than an ipod mini 8)?

Tempted to get one, anyone planned to do a MO so that we can get a better deal?

scanner said:
Tempted to get one, anyone planned to do a MO so that we can get a better deal?

yes ! MO by Eastgear ? :p

loupgarou said:
How long does the battery last? can you supplement the internal battery with AA rechargables?

is it smaller than an ipod mini 8)?

The battery can last 2-3 hours continuous usage.
We do have an external 8 x AA battery pack available.

No it's not smaller than the ipod mini (which incidently uses CF Type II for storage), can imagine that Apple will go bust and us making a lot of money if that's the case.

Pro Image said:
I bought mine at Sysnet 2 weeks ago at $390.00 with 20GB HDD. Battery last slightly longer than the XDrive 2. Sorry but I do not think you can use a 40GB HDD on XDrive Pro as it's NOT compatible if you use Windows XP. Read the manual as it's stated. Only 20GB and 30GB can be use for the moment until they come out with the new firm ware for the 40GB. Not sure with other OS.
Pity only plays MP3s only. Does not support WMA. Sigh!

What's the size measurement? And how's the sound quality?

silver.wolf said:
What's the size measurement? And how's the sound quality?

136 x 86 x 37 mm
The sound, treble, bass quality and reproduction is superb (similar to iPod) when tested with a good pair of earphones (e.g. Sony) and Creative speaker system.

Status
Not open for further replies.