New to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertu

Nov 25, 2008
Hi everyone,

New to this forum and am interested in getting a second hand DSLR..

I'm new to this and need some recommendation from mates out there..

I dont have any requirement.. I'm totally new to this and wanna try out DSLR camera.. Well, probably something easy to use and not too pricey would be a better choice..

I dont have any requirement.. I'm totally new to this and wanna try out DSLR camera.. Well, probably something easy to use and not too pricey would be a better choice..

All of them meet your requirements... Best to go to the shops and try the Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax and Olympus entry-level DSLR cameras. See which one feels the most comfy in your hands, then do some research online for reviews, etc. Then look ant the marketplace section here for a second-hand set.

Hello...welcome.

In addition to what bro Rashkae mentioned, do note that there are a lot of good cams up for sale in the Personal Classified section and note the characteristics of each system before buying. Don't buy something just because of the brand and others ask you to do so, get something that suits your needs.

Not easy to decide but you have to put that in mind.

Thanks for all the feedbacks.. Really appreciate it..

Hi there ,

I think if you a serious hobbylist , maybe you want to consider a lower mid range series of the brands . But you prob need to research more on the functions of each camera and how they affect your shooting.

For e.g . Some cameras may not have spot metering , how that affects u ? Or some camera has inbuild image stabilisers , while some are build onto lens . Some camera are on the 1.5 crop sensors , while some are on smaller ones and some are full frame.

I guess the questions goes on and on and most bro will tell you , if you are a starter , any brands probably suffice , and you will see the difference when you start to understand more about the equipment , probably by then you will not need to ask anymore :)

Personally , I places value on ergonomics and ease-to-use , which was really one of the key deciding factors that made me decide which DSLR to buy.

Hope that helps =)

Hi everyone,

New to this forum and am interested in getting a second hand DSLR..

I'm new to this and need some recommendation from mates out there..
DSLR is never cheap, as there is many hidden cost to it. Though it is more affordable nowadays as compare to last time you may need to spend till $3~4k for the whole system.

Please do a research and consider over for this financial crisis.
Don't just get the camera body and kit lens then later say: "must buy filter for my lens???".... etc...

Last edited:
Don't just get the camera body and kit lens then later say: "must buy filter for my lens???".... etc...

oh yes!

and don't kenna conned by camera equipment sellers! Too many people here have already wasted $50+ dollars on cheap crap not worth the price they paid for it! :sweat:

If in doubt of the price, research on the web or post the question here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.