New to my FZ10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hongjia, thanks for the suggestion, but do enlighten me on the purpose for:

Must have
1) Phayee adaptor(62mm) / Raynox adaptor(52mm)
2) UV filter (Hoya multicoated more ex / Tokina cheaper alternative)
3) Circular Polariser

thanks

along the same theme...
what's you 'old bird's ;) opinion on 'the best camera bag for FZ10/20'? something that we can put the camera while the adaptor (and possbly petal hood) still on, easy to oull the camera out and with pockets for extra stuff, yet not too larger than necessary.
anyone?

damithc said:
along the same theme...
what's you 'old bird's ;) opinion on 'the best camera bag for FZ10/20'? something that we can put the camera while the adaptor (and possbly petal hood) still on, easy to oull the camera out and with pockets for extra stuff, yet not too larger than necessary.
anyone?

Lowepro Nova AW series would be good... Both Nova 1 or 2 have a good size...

Cheers

psx2sg said:
hey jim, thanks for the offer, will Definately call u if avaliable. U work there?

just to check, will u be selling these accessories also??

Hi psx2sg,

I am not working there, but live nearby there...had just PMed you...

damithc said:
along the same theme...
anyone?

Wd you settle for "old geezer"? I am old but only took up photography abt 9 months ago so cannot be considered "old bird". ;)
For my FZ10, I use the Lowepro Sideline Shooter which can be worn like an oversized fanny pack and is very discreet. It has a "quick-draw" zip (no need to open cover) on top. No one knows you have a camera until you whip it out.
It can house my FZ10 with LTZ10 teleconverter attached, Vivitar 285HV flash (or a folded umbrella), ziplok bag, trash bag, lenspen, spare batteries, card wallet, adapter, CP and closeup filter.

psx2sg said:
Hey Hongjia, thanks for the suggestion, but do enlighten me on the purpose for:

Must have
1) Phayee adaptor(62mm) / Raynox adaptor(52mm)
This one so that can attached 62mm or 52mm filters or convertor on the FZ depending on which adaptor u buy
2) UV filter (Hoya multicoated more ex / Tokina cheaper alternative)
This one hor, will protect ur lens from scratches and dust. Sort of like a cover
3) Circular Polariser
This one hor... This one hor... let u take nice nice sky... and like let say u wana take the crab in the pond, this one can turn turn turn util u dun see the reflection off the water lor, can see the crab more clearly...
thanks

Answers all inside the quote... got colours one somemore...

bwilly said:
get a circular polariser.
A UV filter is essential, protect your lens from scratches.
extra battery from EastGear, extra memory card lohz..
if you can, 1G at least.

try some night shots of course. with the mega OIS, notice
you shots is so much clearly and sharper..

i wonder if it my problem or the cam problem..

i can NEVER have clear pic..

anyone got any suggestions ??

k3nn3th03 said:
i wonder if it my problem or the cam problem..

i can NEVER have clear pic..

anyone got any suggestions ??

Suggestion: see optician for spectacles.
If you already wear spectacles, adjust the diopter on the EVF until the words inside the EVF eg. fstop/shutter speed are clear.

Not sure how you take to this message, its written in humour, if you are some tight arsed person, just suck it up and dun flame me... hahahahahaha

A good bag will be lowpro but me prefer crumpler (maybe i am into "look")

AncientMariner said:
Wd you settle for "old geezer"? I am old but only took up photography abt 9 months ago so cannot be considered "old bird". ;)
For my FZ10, I use the Lowepro Sideline Shooter which can be worn like an oversized fanny pack and is very discreet. It has a "quick-draw" zip (no need to open cover) on top. No one knows you have a camera until you whip it out.
It can house my FZ10 with LTZ10 teleconverter attached, Vivitar 285HV flash (or a folded umbrella), ziplok bag, trash bag, lenspen, spare batteries, card wallet, adapter, CP and closeup filter.

Thanks a lot AncientMariner, sideline shooter looks promising. so does the lowepro Zoom range. Any place in singapore that carry a wide range of lowepro bags? or have to order from ebay?

damithc said:
Thanks a lot AncientMariner, sideline shooter looks promising. so does the lowepro Zoom range. Any place in singapore that carry a wide range of lowepro bags? or have to order from ebay?

Check with Alan Photo.
They have a few variety of bags.
Also this Challenger at Funan too..

I own one Lowepro bag (forgotten model number) which is sufficient to hold the FZ, flash and filters. It can be carried as beltpack but has a sling for you to carry as shoulder bag. You might want to try that.

If you like backpack, then try Orion Trekker. Sufficient to hold all the items I mentioned and additional compartment to hold your clothing etc.

Cheers
John

bwilly said:
Check with Alan Photo.
They have a few variety of bags.
Also this Challenger at Funan too..

Go to Cathay Photo. They have the widest range since they are the distributor for Lowepro in SIngapore.

Cheers
John

bought a nova 2 not long ago, the size is enough for my FZ20 + some accessories :)

thanks guys for the advice on bags. appreciate it. i think there are many bag models that can hold FZ20 + accesories. but only a few can hold FZ20+adaptor+(converter/petalhood) all fixed together, while also allowing to draw and shoot quickly (like a pistol). that's why i'm kind o leaning more towards lowepro zoom. it's uniquely shaped like a pistol holster, deep enough the hold the long assembly.
ToploadZoom2_LA_n.gif
TLZ_2_4_n.jpg

Hong Jia said:
Answers all inside the quote... got colours one somemore...

:bsmilie: U're the best Hong, hahaha

any idea how much these equiptment cost? Just burn a big hole in my wallet so dun want to spend hundreds of dollars at the moment...

Hey, you guys heard about the upcoming FZ4? seems to be cool leh...

One more question, I try to do Macro taking but somehow i just can't get a clear pict no matter how i focus (manual/auto) any suggestions?
(I test aim at a object at home...)

damithc said:
thanks guys for the advice on bags. appreciate it. i think there are many bag models that can hold FZ20 + accesories. but only a few can hold FZ20+adaptor+(converter/petalhood) all fixed together, while also allowing to draw and shoot quickly (like a pistol). that's why i'm kind o leaning more towards lowepro zoom. it's uniquely shaped like a pistol holster, deep enough the hold the long assembly.
ToploadZoom2_LA_n.gif
TLZ_2_4_n.jpg

The best thing is to go to CP and have a look and feel then you decide. Sometimes the picture might give a wrong impression. Just bring your camera and accessories to try out and see if it fits your requirement.

Cheers
John

Just check with AP, the UV filter only cost $35 hoya, and vericon $25 (dunno spell correctly or not)

psx2sg said:
Just check with AP, the UV filter only cost $35 hoya, and vericon $25 (dunno spell correctly or not)
AP quoted $18 w/o GST for a Hoya 62mm UV filter y'day. may be that's why you should think about the phayee adaptor (only $25). your investment will pay off after buying 2 filters ;)
Jim davis is selling some phayee adaptors, but i guess you already know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.