true... it must be a typo...

then the K10D $1250 should be kit set.

Hmmm... tempting price!

hehehe...

true... it must be a typo...

then the K10D $1250 should be kit set.

Hmmm... tempting price!
Think it's about there.

Depends on what you want though, K10D has a lot more bells and whistles like Anti-Dust, Dust-Sealed Body.. Better ISO range starting from ISO 100 instead of 200 in K100D, Blah blah blah, but if you don't think you need it, go for K100D.. Smaller, lighter. <3 <3 <3 I never regretted getting a Pentax.

Hope to see your pictures soon! =) Must keep shooting so that the Canon Nikon brothers know that Pentax rules!

Think it's about there.

Depends on what you want though, K10D has a lot more bells and whistles like Anti-Dust, Dust-Sealed Body.. Better ISO range starting from ISO 100 instead of 200 in K100D, Blah blah blah, but if you don't think you need it, go for K100D.. Smaller, lighter. <3 <3 <3 I never regretted getting a Pentax.

Hope to see your pictures soon! =) Must keep shooting so that the Canon Nikon brothers know that Pentax rules!
Thanks..

that sets me thinking too.. I travel quite alot... can backpack all the way up to china overland.. and those places I been too are quite dusty actully.. like Cambodia and some part of Vietnam..

But the money save on getting a K100D can get me another DA 50-200 len.

Hmm... time to start thinking!!! :confused:

The K100D's use of AA rechargeable batteries are a bonus when travelling.

The K100D's use of AA rechargeable batteries are a bonus when travelling.

point noted!!

agree that AAs batteries are invaluable when it comes to travelling.. it is universal..

Mmmm, I need help. Got poisoned into trying macro, is this lens sufficient for shooting butterflies?

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro MS - 330 OP - 280

Thanks, didn't know where else to post. I know zoom macros are not true macro lenses, but can focus closer only, right?

Mmmm, I need help. Got poisoned into trying macro, is this lens sufficient for shooting butterflies?

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro MS - 330 OP - 280

Thanks, didn't know where else to post. I know zoom macros are not true macro lenses, but can focus closer only, right?

You are welcome to borrow my Sigma 70-300mm APO DG. Not using it anytime soon. If you really like it, then buy 1 from MS or OP;)

The macro is 1:2 at 200-300mm. It's sufficient for butterflies and dragonflies. But don't expect sharpness like true macro lenses:)

You are welcome to borrow my Sigma 70-300mm APO DG. Not using it anytime soon. If you really like it, then buy 1 from MS or OP;)

The macro is 1:2 at 200-300mm. It's sufficient for butterflies and dragonflies. But don't expect sharpness like true macro lenses:)

Any suggestions with budget in mind? I suppose 50mm is definitely not long enough, as I discovered with my kit lens; can get in close enough perhaps for dragonflies but not butterflies, they're a lot more touchy than dragonsflies..

Hrm, yeah, I've read reviews from SLRgear.com, they mentioned a few things like how the macro capabilities only restricted from 200-300 mm, and besides that the image quality is soft from 200 mm upwards. =(

Thanks dude! You're always very helpful to me. =D Appreciate it.

Any suggestions with budget in mind? I suppose 50mm is definitely not long enough, as I discovered with my kit lens; can get in close enough perhaps for dragonflies but not butterflies, they're a lot more touchy than dragonsflies..

Hrm, yeah, I've read reviews from SLRgear.com, they mentioned a few things like how the macro capabilities only restricted from 200-300 mm, and besides that the image quality is soft from 200 mm upwards. =(

Thanks dude! You're always very helpful to me. =D Appreciate it.

Butterflies need to see timing to take. Best to hunt them in morning when they are less active. When the sun is hot, they run all over the place. The best place to try butterflies shots will be at AH butterfly trail.

If you free tomorrow, sms me and collect the Sigma 70-300mm at Tao Payoh MRT. I'll bring along Tamron 90mm & Vivitar 105mm for you to test. Tao Payoh park is just across, you can test some shots there.;)

Butterflies need to see timing to take. Best to hunt them in morning when they are less active. When the sun is hot, they run all over the place. The best place to try butterflies shots will be at AH butterfly trail.

If you free tomorrow, sms me and collect the Sigma 70-300mm at Tao Payoh MRT. I'll bring along Tamron 90mm & Vivitar 105mm for you to test. Tao Payoh park is just across, you can test some shots there.;)
Haha, yeah.. Espion gave me a lecture a while back when I asked him how come everytime must find butterflies in the morning.

Mmmkay, I'm free this whole week during the weekdays.. =D

What time are you free? +D

Haha, yeah.. Espion gave me a lecture a while back when I asked him how come everytime must find butterflies in the morning.

Mmmkay, I'm free this whole week during the weekdays.. =D

What time are you free? +D

Best time 12.30-2pm or Evening after 5pm. Just let me know 1hr before meet-up time:)

All the pentaxian K100D buddies here..

I am going down to Sim Lim OP later to check out the K100D later.

Any last words or last advice to note? :)

All the pentaxian K100D buddies here..

I am going down to Sim Lim OP later to check out the K100D later.

Any last words or last advice to note? :)

Check for dust in the body.. Shipping may cause dust buildup. Will be obvious.

Test whether sensor is dusty.. You know how?

If you get kit lens, test a few copies and take the sharpest. Zoom into 12x and all that.

Yay! One more to join us. =)

Check for dust in the body.. Shipping may cause dust buildup. Will be obvious.

Test whether sensor is dusty.. You know how?

If you get kit lens, test a few copies and take the sharpest. Zoom into 12x and all that.

Yay! One more to join us. =)

dusty sensors...

how?? quick... I wait for the reply..

thks

dusty sensors...

how?? quick... I wait for the reply..

thks

Oops, was processing some butt shots.

What I do: Find a white wall, set aperture to f/22, focus is manual, infinity.

Pop up flash and meter to about -0.5 or 0 varying shutter speed. Doesn't matter about handshake here. Then just take a shot.

After that review the shot, you should not have any solid black specks on the screen when zoomed in. At least minimal, I guess.

Hi everyone..

Got my K100D from OP liao.. $865 for kit set + a Hoya UV filter

Thanks night86mare and the mac 13.

This cam is really an entirely different level from those point and shoot I use before!!

Hi everyone..

This cam is really an entirely different level from those point and shoot I use before!!
You're welcome!

Congratulations, really, you have joined one of the best possible brands you could have picked. I bet everyone here agrees. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hope to see some shots from you soon! Remember.. If you shoot, you use your cam, and you get better at it! =)

Hi everyone..

No worries, just go out and have fun with it! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.