New to K100D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude check your firmware. I realised that my firm ware is version 1.0, while the latest is 1.02.

Is there any serious issue with the 1.0 firmware? =D

Will check it out. Thanks for the heads up, a bit lazy to bother to upgrade it though, can shoot can already, for me. Shots are ok to me, so far. =D

Brothers, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps the thread shouldn't digress into a nitty gritty discussion of how much a particular shop quotes. If one has a quote, post it in the Pricelist thread with the date. We have to be mindful the shop or any other shop is still a business and that prices may not always remain the same and there could be variations (availability, exchange rate, order quantity, consumer demand, etc.). If anything, our intense discussion could well have an effect on pricing as I expect retailers to monitor this and other threads.:think:

Bought 50mm/1.4 @OP @$320, cheers!
Thanks longko!

Oops... thanks istDeS as well:D . Sure ,once I get familiar with the lens will post the testings
I don't think I'm the one who posted OP price;) Anyway congrate on your new lens, do some testing for us.:)

Pentax 50mm/1.4 Test shots

Thanks for the test shots. At $320 it's really worth considering:)

Oh well, needed to ask, because after shooting here and there I'm hooked on wideness.

Anyone knows which super-wide lens (third party or not) is recommended? On K100D, anyways. Preferably zoom, something like 10-20, or 12-24 is what I'm thinking of, need advice on what to save up for.

Oh well, needed to ask, because after shooting here and there I'm hooked on wideness.

Anyone knows which super-wide lens (third party or not) is recommended? On K100D, anyways. Preferably zoom, something like 10-20, or 12-24 is what I'm thinking of, need advice on what to save up for.

Fisheye vs wide;) I prefer fisheye for its price and it's fun:bsmilie: (refering to DA)

But for you I think wide angle is much more suitable. It's more ex than your K100D.

Fisheye vs wide;) I prefer fisheye for its price and it's fun:bsmilie:

But for you I think wide angle is much more suitable. It's more ex than your K100D.

Haha, I don't think I want fisheye until very late, or might not even want it at all. Is not realistic enough to me, though the distortion is very much fun. See, the big irritation with the kit lens is the distortion, everytime I shoot I have to take the vertical perspective correction into account. =/

Yeah, I know.. Wide angle is $$$. =( Just wondering which one, there's a Sigma 10-20 that Mr Ortega in the Price List for Lenses stated was going for $690 at OP grey.

That one got Pentax mount?

$690 sounds good. :heart:

This one:

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3301&navigator=6

Hmm just came back from OP. Very strange the prices they quote me like increase.

Pentax 50mm f1.4 - $350 (Same as local price) I didn't see it around so maybe no stock.
Sigma 10-20mm - $720 (Previously on Sigma pricelist it's $690)

Maybe OP becoming another SLS shop, though with good service but grey sets at local prices (Pentax), not as appealing...:(

Aiyah, they already monitor this thread and they know other local retailers don't have any stock, that's why price go up...

Aiyah, they already monitor this thread and they know other local retailers don't have any stock, that's why price go up...

Think I confirm go JB get liao. If exchange rate better cheaper than their previous price + International warranty somemore. Shriro stock said to come in this week, hope no delay:bsmilie:

hello dude, i saw the camera you are looking for in peninsula plazza, other side of the road from CP, in a shop where many second hand lenses are displayed.

enjoy the day

Hmm just came back from OP. Very strange the prices they quote me like increase.

Pentax 50mm f1.4 - $350 (Same as local price) I didn't see it around so maybe no stock.
Sigma 10-20mm - $720 (Previously on Sigma pricelist it's $690)

Maybe OP becoming another SLS shop, though with good service but grey sets at local prices (Pentax), not as appealing...:(

They started to charge tax from this month, maybe that why you saw the price increase (690+5%=710) :)

Hi guys,
just say hello to everyone..... newbie to k100d club.......

Status
Not open for further replies.