New to Forum & Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

xviruz

Dec 18, 2009
Singapore
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get into photography and have never worked with a DSLR before however I have seen photos from DSLRs and they are really impressive. Even though I am just starting out I am looking to one day do sports photography & nature photography.

Since Christmas and Birthday coming I splurged a little on my first DSLR camera. I bought a Canon 50D with a efs 17-85mm 1:4-5.6 is usm lens from the recommendations of a friend and they guy in the shop who was extremely helpful and took the time to explain everything and show me the basic functions (Thanks Daniel).

I think that setup should do for the meantime till i get used to shotting some basic stuff and playing around with the functions. Anybody got any suggestions on my setup and what i should do with it? Also if anybody has good websites or articles that are worth reading please share with me.

Sincerely,

xviruz - noob squad

Welcome to CS :) Suggestions for your set up is just go & shoot ;)

haha thanks for the warm welcome...guess i'll just shoot everything ;)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get into photography and have never worked with a DSLR before however I have seen photos from DSLRs and they are really impressive. Even though I am just starting out I am looking to one day do sports photography & nature photography.

Since Christmas and Birthday coming I splurged a little on my first DSLR camera. I bought a Canon 50D with a efs 17-85mm 1:4-5.6 is usm lens from the recommendations of a friend and they guy in the shop who was extremely helpful and took the time to explain everything and show me the basic functions (Thanks Daniel).

I think that setup should do for the meantime till i get used to shotting some basic stuff and playing around with the functions. Anybody got any suggestions on my setup and what i should do with it? Also if anybody has good websites or articles that are worth reading please share with me.

Sincerely,

xviruz - noob squad

Welcome to clubsnap..
Actually though... photos are taken by photographers, and not the DSLR... :)

You have a very capable set-up of 50D + 17-85. Use it well.
Learn the skills to getting good photos, instead of "if only I had that _____ lens, all my photos will turn out better..." thoughts.

Thanks zerocool that's very good advise...took some photos today of monkeys and birds. I would like to learn more techniques wise so may sign up for some courses.

Welcome aboard TS

Just keep shooting and you soon know what you want.. ur current set-up is more than sufficient to get good shots :)

Status
Not open for further replies.