New Pentax Distributor from Oct: APD

i want to buy K30 WR kit, pentaxwebstore no stock, slrr no WR lens kit, OP no stock :p

iamnubie said:
i want to buy K30 WR kit, pentaxwebstore no stock, slrr no WR lens kit, OP no stock :p

Look on the bright side, good that you could save the money and decide after next week if new camera is more of your liking.

That's why I said above that I can't 'join' two forums together 'cause there isn't a dedicated Ricoh forum ;)

FW, just a humble suggestion but why not just change our sub-forum name to "Pentax/Ricoh" or "Pentax & Ricoh"? Might bring the Ricoh users in.

FW, just a humble suggestion but why not just change our sub-forum name to "Pentax/Ricoh" or "Pentax & Ricoh"? Might bring the Ricoh users in.

Hmm, good suggestion, especially considering future Pentax p&s cameras might be called as Ricoh instead of Pentax. I'll let the admins know and see if it's not too much trouble to change our forum name.

So will prices be adjusted after APD takes over? Any word on that?

guess we will have to wait and see what happens, especially the effect on prices.

Not really concerned about the price but what APD did recently with the price hike for Ricoh products is certainly not helping to promote the brand. oh wait, I don't think they did anything to promote Ricoh at all! Hoping to see improvement once they become distri for Pentax.

Oh oh....

I'm relatively new having just bought K30 recently only but I have been lurking around Pentax forums since late 2009 and Emjay indeed has contributed much to my decision in jumping into Pentax with their attractive pricing and steady expansion of retailers. However, their customer service are sometimes quite lacking. Especially recently when they cancelled one of the orders suddenly when it has already being ordered 1 week ago. Emails asking for explanations were short and firm insisting on NO stock NO idea and retailers they provide which might have what I want turns out to be a fluke as the list were not updated and many if not all actually do not stock Pentax for quite a while. Didn't know that they were actually in the midst of handing over until now.

I'm not that keen on APD taking over because Ricoh's not that attractively priced and Sigma lenses are quite expensive, which I feel Pentax might go down the similar road if APD takes over. But the advent of online shopping and overseas trip can certainly help with purchase IF the price is going to be exorbitantly expensive to justify the purchase. Here's hoping they will continue the success Emjay build on and remain competitive, allowing even more new users to join the group.

I'm not that keen on APD for two reasons- based on my experience recently fixing a sigma lens, and the location.

I don't want to say more about the experience as people might say I'm bad mouthing them.

But the location is a bit of a turn off anyway.

Unlike Emjay, which you could take MRT to City Hall and walk there, or take buses too, and being near lots of shops, APD is not near any MRT (unless you know don't mind walking 20 minutes from Redhill MRT to Bukit Merah) so you either have to be quite lucky with buses, or take a taxi, or drive.

I'm not that keen on APD for two reasons- based on my experience recently fixing a sigma lens, and the location.

I don't want to say more about the experience as people might say I'm bad mouthing them.

But the location is a bit of a turn off anyway.

Unlike Emjay, which you could take MRT to City Hall and walk there, or take buses too, and being near lots of shops, APD is not near any MRT (unless you know don't mind walking 20 minutes from Redhill MRT to Bukit Merah) so you either have to be quite lucky with buses, or take a taxi, or drive.

Went there to buy a sigma hood, the location is really turn off sia...