New Pentax Cameras Will Be Announced in Sept: K-5, K-r and EVIL -- RUMORS!

adui, when did pentax take out the SR from the body? Why do you need to put in something that already in existence :think:

Cos even SONY took out their SR in their NEX? To make it smaller, who knows Pentax also follow the same direction for EVIL. So i'm praying that does not happen. Think Samsung NX10 also do not have it on the body if i remember correctly..

why k7 replacement is call k5??? should call k9..woof woof

will k5 and k-r come in various color like k-x? :bsmilie:

Cos even SONY took out their SR in their NEX? To make it smaller, who knows Pentax also follow the same direction for EVIL. So i'm praying that does not happen. Think Samsung NX10 also do not have it on the body if i remember correctly..

Pentax have already applied the shake reduction technology used in Pentax DSLR on their Optio A series point and shoot camera, so shouldn’t have any problem for them to do the SR on the EVIL …

Pentax have already applied the shake reduction technology used in Pentax DSLR on their Optio A series point and shoot camera, so shouldn’t have any problem for them to do the SR on the EVIL …

from a perspective with limited knowledge in engineering, i wonder if the increased size of the EVIL sensor (APS-C) along with the needed compact size of body will pose problems with the SR mechanism.

P&S sensor is very small, if the sensor shift technology is using whatever i have seen in pentax catalogue/writeups before, then it would probably need space around the sensor itself, which may not be attainable on EVIL type camera.

just a few thoughts, don't mind me if it seems very ludicrous from people with more know-how in this area.

some wishes for the new camera(s):

1) for it to continue on with the exceptional work since k20d release, improvement is good, maintanence will be enough for me. i am not someone who wants everything.

2) some way to allow for no long exposure NR, i will dump my k20d immediately (once i have funds, that is) as long as the DR at iso100 isn't too reduced from the exceptional DR of the k20d

on another thought, maybe not dump... can try to POISON the other half with a free k20d body.. :devil:

I wish for a full-frame K7 upgrade and a APS-C sensor based EVIL; both can use existing lenses plus AF. That's all I ask for :cool:

Rumours have it that the K-5 will be using the new Sony 16mp CMOS sensor which supposedly handles high ISO like D700, don't know how true it is. The K-r will be using the 14mp Sony sensor. Let's hope that Pentax will improve on the AF and the SR.

Ya, more interesting to know if there are any new lenses e.g. 17-70 SDM / WR?

It will be a killer walk-about combo for my K-7...

Also cos cannot think about a new body till my vitamin M is topped up again :embrass:

i know my wish will never come true...:bsmilie: at least for now... so now i only interested in lens...

Ya, more interesting to know if there are any new lenses e.g. 17-70 SDM / WR?

It will be a killer walk-about combo for my K-7...

Also cos cannot think about a new body till my vitamin M is topped up again :embrass:

There will be a new walkabout lens (new kit lens w/ longer reach than the current one) :cool:

still waiting for the k9...

There will be a new walkabout lens (new kit lens w/ longer reach than the current one) :cool:

I expected this. Long overdue...
OK who wants my kit lenses... :bsmilie:

There won't be a K9. The next one would be K-2 ... in 2 years time. And you know what it'd be ;) , i

K2? :nono:...really bad at name branding....should call is k-O...knockout all CNS people ;p

pardon me..

what is an EVIL?