New owner - 11-22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangefinder_fan

Jun 15, 2005
Hi all,
just a note that I've gone and spent money that I should be saving or investing on a 11-22mm instead.
Been 2 days, and I've just been playing around with it.
Am bloody pleased so far.
Next week - Siem Reap, and I'll be able to give it a good workout.
Yay!

Alvin

Hi all,
just a note that I've gone and spent money that I should be saving or investing on a 11-22mm instead.
Been 2 days, and I've just been playing around with it.
Am bloody pleased so far.
Next week - Siem Reap, and I'll be able to give it a good workout.
Yay!

Alvin

Welcome to the 11-22 owners' club. I am sure you will find this lens a great performer.

How much did you pay for it "new"?
And from where ?
Keen to get my hand on it.

Hi all,

Alvin

Haha... i feel like that everytime i make a purchase related to this/or other hobbies. Do post some pics and share your experience with this lens. I am terribly tempted to get this too.

I got it from John 3:16.
Paid $1080 for it. The price list says $1000 but I just could not find a shop that would sell at that price. Ah well. tis the season of giving I suppose.
To retailors!!

Will post pix after Siem Reap.

Merry xmas to all!

alvin

How much did you pay for it "new"?
And from where ?
Keen to get my hand on it.

Most newbie would have the kit lens. It's usually the 14-45 and some with the added 40-150. Unless you are the e-1 user, then it's the 14-54.

For a newbie, the 14-45 and the 40-150 would be normally enough to satisfy our early needs..(also read FIX as in drug addicts)

Then after shooting for a while, we would find the wide in the 14 not short enough, so what's up (or down) that? 11-22 or 7-14 but the latter cost not only an arm and a foot but most likely all limps :eek: So the 11-22 is the most likely choice. But then again, it's purely would depend on what you are shooting. I would say the 14-54 would not be a newbie's choice as the range is already covered by the kid lens. and unless you are a bird shooter, the 50-200 you most likely would not even look at...cost factor.

Hehehe..sooner or later, you will catch the bug or the need for another FIX then it's either the 7-14 or the 50-200!!! As for me, my current lot is 11-22,14-45,14-54,40-150 and Sigma 55-200....my first wife is already complaining I am spending too much on my 2nd wife in too short a period!!!!:nono: :think: :sweat: :eek:

Last week Paid 1080 Paid with Amex, (Visa was same price) Harvey Norman Funan

Rangefinder and Jcomq2000, the 11-22mm is quite a gem; makes excellent pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.