New one dollar coin - it will rust!

ahboy168

Mar 30, 2009
East
I put the new one dollar coin in my water fountain about a month ago. Guess what, I realize it is rusty! The edge area along the center silver.
Try it to see yourself.

I took a $1000 bill and put it in fire... Guess what, I realize it got burned to ash! Try it to see yourself. :bsmilie:

Guess what again.... this is what happen when you do things to a item you are NOT SUPPOSED to... Canon L lens are weatherproof... doesn't mean its good for the lens if I leave it outside the house for a month or 2... metal coins are weatherproof too... but leaving it underwater for a month ?? :think:

The new coin is made out of brass plated and inner circle is nickel plated... NOT MARINE GRADE STAINLESS STEEL that resist rusting in salt water used by Scuba Divers and Boat/Ship owner incase TS forgotten.

Last edited:
Cannot like that say. What if the coins accidentally left in the laundry and presoak overnight and hence staining the fabrics?

I took a $1000 bill and put it in fire... Guess what, I realize it got burned to ash! Try it to see yourself. :bsmilie:

Soak the coin in yellow urine for a week with fresh urine every morning.

And see for yourself how it'll turn golden (depending on how yellow is your urine).

But please get a bottle with a neck big enough as we don't want to have any accident of having to rush you to hospital. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Cannot like that say. What if the coins accidentally left in the laundry and presoak overnight and hence staining the fabrics?

Then its your own fault....

What happen if accidentally you left your handphone inside the washer... or lipstick... or any other thing that wasn't supposed to be there...

Btw... TS didn't left the coin 'overnight'... but for a month....you soak your clothes for a month ?? :think:

Then its your own fault....

What happen if accidentally you left your handphone inside the washer... or lipstick... or any other thing that wasn't supposed to be there...

Btw... TS didn't left the coin 'overnight'... but for a month....you soak your clothes for a month ?? :think:

How likely is a much bigger object like hp to be left inside the washer?

Fountain water likely to be plain water. Presoak laundry has detergent. The enzymes within that undergo chemical reactions, so in a way accelerates rusting.

Well if you can ensure yourself can clear all things that is not supposed to be there, good for you.

Then you have to explain to your wife what's the round hole stain on your underwear and where you have been to? :bsmilie:

My underwear don't have pockets. Maybe yours have. :D

How likely is a much bigger object like hp to be left inside the washer?

Fountain water likely to be plain water. Presoak laundry has detergent. The enzymes within that undergo chemical reactions, so in a way accelerates rusting.

Well if you can ensure yourself can clear all things that is not supposed to be there, good for you.

If you worry, then do a simple test... small bucket of water and add a small amount of whatever you wash your clothes in... put in a new $1 coin and leave it overnight... then tell us the result tomorr... ;)

If you worry, then do a simple test... small bucket of water and add a small amount of whatever you wash your clothes in... put in a new $1 coin and leave it overnight... then tell us the result tomorr... ;)

Seeing is believing. I think you should go to his house to have a look at the results if his wife allows it. :bsmilie:

Seeing is believing. I think you should go to his house to have a look at the results if his wife allows it. :bsmilie:

I'll do the test as myself have suggested later after work this evening... hopefully will have result to show here by tomorr morning....

If you look at the older coins, they will rust too after being left in the water for too long.

Seriously, TS is too free

If you look at the older coins, they will rust too after being left in the water for too long.

Seriously, TS is too free

It means TS is utilizing his/her 24 hrs in optimum manner.
You can also soak the coins in donation box near the cashier into coffee n see if it turns black.

You can also soak the coins in donation box near the cashier into coffee n see if it turns black.

Guys, get a girlfriend.

She is a lot more interesting to play with than a coin. :bsmilie:

japanese-girl-lovely-wind-1_large.jpg

Guys, get a girlfriend.

Playing with a one dollar coin is much cheaper and safer. If rusty just change new coin n it just cost another dollar .....:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Guys, get a girlfriend.
japanese-girl-lovely-wind-1_large.jpg

Is she holding a coin between her thighs? Is she also waiting for it to get rusty? :bsmilie: