New Noisy Neighbor right above my unit

MARTIN1023

Mar 15, 2004
Toa Payoh
Dear shutterbugs out there, I enjoy the peaceful surrounding of my 4mth old resale flat at the corner near the staircase until my new neighbor above my unit move in about 1+ mth ago. For the past 2 weeks, my mum notice there are always few kids running around the house from day time till evening around 6+pm. The noise of their screaming is terrible if I dun close my front door. Today I am on leave and decide to go and take a good look at my new neighbor. To my surprise, there are around 10 kids shoes at the doorstep so I asked the kids if they are staying here. The kids are all around 4-6 years old. A woman came to the door and asked me who am I. I told her I stay downstairs and came to take a look because it is too noisy. She said they are all her children and nieces. She also said as long as it is before 10pm I cannot do anything to her and ask me to complain to the minister by all means. F**kin B**ch. I suspect she is running a illegal child care day centre at her own HDB flat. What can I do to stop all the noises and check whether is she running a illegal business upstairs? Thanks.

Dear shutterbugs out there, I enjoy the peaceful surrounding of my 4mth old resale flat at the corner near the staircase until my new neighbor above my unit move in about 1+ mth ago. For the past 2 weeks, my mum notice there are always few kids running around the house from day time till evening around 6+pm. The noise of their screaming is terrible if I dun close my front door. Today I am on leave and decide to go and take a good look at my new neighbor. To my surprise, there are around 10 kids shoes at the doorstep so I asked the kids if they are staying here. The kids are all around 4-6 years old. A woman came to the door and asked me who am I. I told her I stay downstairs and came to take a look because it is too noisy. She said they are all her children and nieces. She also said as long as it is before 10pm I cannot do anything to her and ask me to complain to the minister by all means. F**kin B**ch. I suspect she is running a illegal child care day centre at her own HDB flat. What can I do to stop all the noises and check whether is she running a illegal business upstairs? Thanks.

just report to neighbourhood police post, hint that it might be an illegal business and it is disturbing ur baby from sleeping/depriving u of the needed sleep cause u work night shift/u cant study with the noise etc etc.

then they will pay her a visit hahahah

just report to neighbourhood police post, hint that it might be an illegal business and it is disturbing ur baby from sleeping/depriving u of the needed sleep cause u work night shift/u cant study with the noise etc etc.

then they will pay her a visit hahahah

I doubt by calling the police they will check every kid's identity? Just because of my suspicious on her the police will check for me? Really?

I'm curious to know the type of responses you're going to get by asking a bunch of photographers for advice on how to deal with your neighbor. :bsmilie:

Sion said:
He can invite the Randomers to create a racket to fight back for a start. :bsmilie:

Or he could burn his own house to spite his neighbor. :bsmilie:

She also said as long as it is before 10pm I cannot do anything to her and ask me to complain to the minister by all means. F**kin B**ch.
The insult is uncalled for but she is right though. You can complain to the following ministry.

ministryofsound2.jpg

Last edited:
Can i suggest u start a thread for photographers to go shoot kids portrait then that woman will call the police and in turn if she is running the illegal business then truth will be out =)

canonmono said:
Can i suggest u start a thread for photographers to go shoot kids portrait then that woman will call the police and in turn if she is running the illegal business then truth will be out =)

Are you interested in the woman or the kids? Cos the kids are mine. ;( you can have the woman. :bsmilie:

Are you interested in the woman or the kids? Cos the kids are mine. ;( you can have the woman. :bsmilie:

depend on age but looking at it kids will be the one Im interested in .. Shooting ladies is never in my blood .. well unless opponunity allows ..

you can always use your 300mm lens and shoot her from the block opposite.... when she's changing :bsmilie:
and make it really obvious
creep her out enough to stop doing what she's doing

I'm curious to know the type of responses you're going to get by asking a bunch of photographers for advice on how to deal with your neighbor. :bsmilie:

one idea. get ready your gears. i'm very sure that those 10 kids will have to go home at night. take a picture of the kids with their parents. each and every single one of them.

https://licences.business.gov.sg/SH...OASIS&pn=SelectLicences&ss=FAQ&LicenceID=1141

Last edited:
Report to HDB that you suspect illegal activity carried out in your neighbour's Unit. let HDB investigate. :)

If you suspect your neighbour is running a day care, look out for evidence of parent's picking up their kids. submit them along with your complain.

you can always use your 300mm lens and shoot her from the block opposite.... when she's changing :bsmilie:
and make it really obvious
creep her out enough to stop doing what she's doing

ya can, martine give me ur hp number, we discuss a plan to solve this problem ..

Because I am here long enough to know that there are pros in their career beside photography. Photographer is the name for them when they hold their camera. For some hold serious position in their day job. Since this is a Kopitiam thread, I already anticipated some childish but maybe useful ideas if you can look at another angle. :)

Because I am here long enough to know that there are pros in their career beside photography. Photographer is the name for them when they hold their camera. For some hold serious position in their day job. Since this is a Kopitiam thread, I already anticipated some childish but maybe useful ideas if you can look at another angle. :)

Never too old to have a child heart =) so u can know what they are thinking =)

Complain to Town Council
Complain to Police

If activity is really illegal, they will certainly keep the noise down after that.

If not action from above 2, complain to MP.
For sure the above 2 will give some sort of response.

Then again, you need may to do some introspection (are you too irritable) or give some understanding to your neighbor's needs as well.
I know some ppl maybe a bit 'siao' anything also 'noisy'

BTW, I live across the block from the famous Yishun lady (reported on newspaper and MP Lee Bee Hwa ask for suggestions to resolve this) who will shout and scold at about 7.20am on most days :D
Sound is bearable on my side, but I really pity the next door neighbors as well as the old lady (mentally not sound).