New Nikon D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only buy what u need, not what others can tell u. Would be better if u first find out more about your new cam and read up on the accessories in nikon's range b4 deciding on what u need.

Actually the only "must-buy" I would recommend is dry cabinet, because Singapore weather is humid and not good for glasses, mirrors, coatings, etc. Then after that, get a good quality tripod and thats about what u need to start with.

There are many MUST-DOs, like READ the manual, SHOOT, READ again, SHOOT again,.....

In short, there is a learning curve!

yeah i concur with astin...prob the d70s with the kit lens is good enuff for shooting lottsa stuff liaos...

buten a dry cabinet/box will help protect your equipment...
cheers...

hi vbs1979,

like u i had my D70S 1 wik ago....maybe u nid to explore first ur cam b4 buying anything.....but as the others say dry cabinet is "must-have".

cheers
:D

below are some tips that they gave we i start a thread for having a new toy hhehee
latmo said:
to be more specific
1x SB800
2x SB600
10.5 F/2.8 FE
12-24 F/4
17-55 F/2.8
70-200 F/2.8 VR
50 F/1.4
85 F/1.4
300 F/2.8
Gitzo CF 1227
M-10 Ballhead
2GB Extreme III
Nikon L37 UV for each Lens
Nikon CPL-II
Full Round eye cup

erm oh wait body too slow
D2X
:devil:

erm ... film sound cool
F6 :devil:

wait i have some DX Lens :sweat:
17-35 F/2.8
28-70 F/2.8

:)

agree totally with yapel. u must learn to work the settings (e.g. WB, tone, sharpening, AF options, exposure settings, aperture) in order to maximise the image quality.

Must buy: >1G CF, extra Battery, remote cord if often shot w tripod (which my D70 cant.. :( )

vbs1979 said:
Hi jux bought a new Nikon D70s over the weekends.

Any must-buys for newbies like me?

Please advise

ztsen said:
Must buy: >1G CF, extra Battery, remote cord if often shot w tripod (which my D70 cant.. :( )

Remote Cord? How about an IR remote control ML-L3 @$16?

:) carrefour lot of cheap Taiwan made dry cab. look around.

Must buy: >1G CF, extra Battery, remote cord if often shot w tripod (which my D70 cant.. )

what you mean can't ur D70 do?
i thought the wireless remote allow u shoot by long exposure?
on tripod ? why MUST cord release?

please correct me if i'm wrong.

vbs1979 said:
oic thanks. btw, do u happen to know if they deliver?
Sometimes they have this offer that if you buy above S$100, free delivery to your home. Check with their info counter whether they still have the offer when you are there. :)

i not really like the infra red stuff. when i am shooting macro or mouting my camera on tripod, i have to point the remote in front of the camera or the sensor. if i have the wired cord, i dont need to do that and i can just look at the viewfinder and press as i wish. just like the old time i used the cable release.

besh said:
what you mean can't ur D70 do?
i thought the wireless remote allow u shoot by long exposure?
on tripod ? why MUST cord release?

please correct me if i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.