New lens rumour -EF 800mm F5.6 DO IS USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhSeng

Dec 23, 2005
Saw from a chinese site about this new Super Tele Prime.

http://www.dpnet.com.cn/news/news.asp?id=17260

2007124161518204.jpg

Wahahaha. Will cost more than my HDB flat :p

unless the Canon British shows it, I hardly believe anything from those Chinese websites.

Chinese content websites are 99% copycats and false information.

unless the Canon British shows it, I hardly believe anything from those Chinese websites.

Chinese content websites are 99% copycats and false information.

it boils down to which china sites you're talking about.

even for computer hardware sites, those china / hk / tw sites leak info faster then anyone else on earth. =)

People here are missing the fact that while they can have other configs, the 800mm F5.6 will be definitely lighter and no need for a teleconverter.

hahahah, everyone debating here like this lens costs $1k or less....
I'm wondering how close it will be to the 20k mark....

put 1.4x TC can already reach 1200mm f8....:sweat:

hahahah, everyone debating here like this lens costs $1k or less....
I'm wondering how close it will be to the 20k mark....

put 1.4x TC can already reach 1200mm f8....:sweat:

But quality won't be as gd as without a teleconverter.

cool! looks real ;p and not much bigger than 500f4.

Price for it would be stellar tho.:sweat:

But quality won't be as gd as without a teleconverter.
Yes, but the difference (referring to the 1.4x TC here) is almost negligible and most probably not noticeable at all. If you've used one of Canon's super tele prime before, you'll know what I mean. :)

This image had appeared before in popular photography forums like fredmiranda and dpreview, and its authenticity hotly debated, but some people pointed out that it could be a clever fake made by someone. The main reasoning was the many typos (and perhaps also grammar errors) in the article....highly unlikely that Canon would commit such a thing even if it were a deliberate leak.

Yes, but the difference (referring to the 1.4x TC here) is almost negligible and most probably not noticeable at all. If you've used one of Canon's super tele prime before, you'll know what I mean. :)

Well the longest prime i've ever used was the 400mm and quality was superb! Though i haven't tried it with either the 1.4x or 2x teleconverters.

Well the longest prime i've ever used was the 400mm and quality was superb! Though i haven't tried it with either the 1.4x or 2x teleconverters.
400mm f5.6L? I was referring more to the 300mm/400mm f2.8 and 500mm/600mm f4 class of lens. (the so-called "super telephotos").

400mm f5.6L? I was referring more to the 300mm/400mm f2.8 and 500mm/600mm f4 class of lens. (the so-called "super telephotos").

eh... dun tell me u not buying this hor, garion? :think:

nw go siam one corner fm garion...

Really need EF 200 mm f/1.8L USM IS...

Oi how come u here ar... :kok:

If this 800mm f5.6 DO IS USM cost less than $2,000....MTL... :lovegrin:
:bsmilie: if < S$2,000, i will get a canon straight away. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.