New Kid on the Block with 500D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leofric

Jul 12, 2009
Thomson
Hi everyone

I'm new to dSLR and bought my first dSLR - Canon EOS 500D 2 weeks back. I'm happy with my purchase. I certainly has got alot of things to learnt and hopefully the seniors here will give me useful pointers on photography. Thanks! :D

Hi everyone

I'm new to dSLR and bought my first dSLR - Canon EOS 500D 2 weeks back. I'm happy with my purchase. I certainly has got alot of things to learnt and hopefully the seniors here will give me useful pointers on photography. Thanks! :D

guess, that everyone in CS is the same.
Step1: get a camera
Step2: shoot
Step3: (see step2) and learn photo-editing software (Photoshop, GIMP etc...)
Step4: (see step3) ~ meaning more

another advise.... join a group and go outings once in a while.

good luck

guess, that everyone in CS is the same.
Step1: get a camera
Step2: shoot
Step3: (see step2) and learn photo-editing software (Photoshop, GIMP etc...)
Step4: (see step3) ~ meaning more

another advise.... join a group and go outings once in a while.

good luck

Thanks. I'm in step 2 and is still trying to experiment the different apeture and shutter speed combination on different kind of setting. :)

hi to all..im also new here in CS and newbie also in photography...im canon user also (eos 500D)..hope to get some tricks and tips on you guys and masters....thanks to all...

hi,

same here ;p

Hi,

Welcome to CS !!!

Happy Shooting... :D

1. Read the camera's manual

2. Start off with auto modes

3. Take camera everywhere

4. Compose your shot thoughfully

5. Go thru photos and look for the best ones; do not be afraid to delete photos

6. Practice, practice and practice. Takes lots and lots of photos.

Hi everyone

Hi, welcome to CS.;)

SSS and BBB too..:bsmilie:

Welcome to the world of photography... Enjoy your camera, enjoy your photo-journey! :)

HI! Welcome to ClubSnap!!!! :cool:

welcome :)

Hi ! Welcome to CS ! ;)

1. Read the camera's manual

2. Start off with auto modes

3. Take camera everywhere

4. Compose your shot thoughfully

5. Go thru photos and look for the best ones; do not be afraid to delete photos

6. Practice, practice and practice. Takes lots and lots of photos.

I will try that when I get my hands on the 500D in few days time.

Hi Leofric,

welcome to CS.

newbie here just got my 500D can't wait to explore the world of photography;)

To all newbies:
The scene modes are very useful in getting the settings more or less correct when you're unfamiliar with your camera (or photography in general).
However, if you just use them blindly without reviewing and questioning, you hinder your learning process.

For example, if you set to 'portrait' mode, you might notice that the camera tries to default to as small an f-number as possible. If you did notice that and wonder why, you're on your way to technically becoming a better photographer.

I have friends who are 1st-time DSLR owners, and they repeatedly use the scene modes without much thought. It's hard to improve that way, but if they're not seriously trying to learn, then so be it.

Last edited:
It's better to read up some sticky guides in newbies corner. And start straight into Apecture priority.

Join outings to learn from other photopgrahers, imo if wanna use auto - just get a PnS

Status
Not open for further replies.