New flash and firmware for Panasonic DMC-LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated the firmware. I didn't see any difference from the version 1.0, whether interface or features wise.

Last edited:
thanks for link... updated my camera too...

notice that there really is an improvement of the auto white balance...but still not perfect...
i use the expo disc to get a preset white balance and shoot... and compare with the auto white balance...
pretty close, but not exactly 100% accurate... but still very much useable

in the past, i totally do not use AWB when shooting under indoor lighting, but after this update and the little test just now, i think pretty useable...
will now dare to use AWB if lazy to preset the WB.... :)

Thanks for the clarification... :)

Just updated the firmware.

I tried taking a pic at home last night before I update and after I update. Only slight difference can be seen in the white balance.
Does improve a tiny bit..

A quick question for those who had upgraded. How long did it takes for the cam to update?

Less then 5 minutes.

HTH.

Wah! So long arh? Mine only took about 10 secs. :eek: Now I wonder if my update is really complete. TMD

Last edited:
Mine took about 10 secs to update as well. :)

3 to 5 mins is include go to website, read the instructions super carefully and download the thing to computer and transfer to memory card...

from the moment you press enter on the camera to do the update, it is actually only about 10 secs...

:)

Was hoping bracketing extend to +-2ev instead of 1... And shutter speed setting beyond 8 sec... No luck...

Was hoping bracketing extend to +-2ev instead of 1... And shutter speed setting beyond 8 sec... No luck...

Drop a suggestion to Panasonic and wait for version 1.2 :dunno:

Drop a suggestion to Panasonic and wait for version 1.2 :dunno:

Yeah maybe i shd do tat... And hey! FW flashed and where's the Panasonic 220 flash? Every where i asked is "not available and dunno when coming"... :dunno:

just got the camera today.
confirm not updated software arh? or can check what version is it..
charging the batt now..
haa

thanks!:)

Can any LX3 user (who have not upgrade their camera), do a wide-angle (24mm) before & after shot? There was articles that suggest Panasonic corrected the barrel distortion "issue", I wonder if it is all in the new firmware.... thnx... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.