New E mount Zeiss 16-70 f4 zoom

I believe the part to replaced is called MB Contact Unit(755).
See part number 264 below (link: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...arts/Model-NEX3KS/0996/0500140/50037220/00006).

The original part number was A1773802A, but subsequently has been replaced with A1876371B, maybe because the original component was found to be defective (just a guess).

The price seems to be around US$20-30.

50037220-00006.png

Hi thank you for your explanation. I brought the lens and my camera to Sony and have it fixed.
At first i thought the lens was the one which not working well, but it is the camera instead.
it took around 1 week+ and they replaced the #264 foc (since my camera left with 3 months warranty) and it's been working fine now. ;)

#264 looks like the mount itself? Congrats on having the problem ironed out.

#264 looks like the mount itself? Congrats on having the problem ironed out.

Yes it's the mount itself.
Basically it's loose. So when we turn the lens during zooming/focusing, the electric connection sometimes breaks and the camera no longer recognize the lens anymore.

Some photos from my recent trip to Japan :) I love this lens even more... (after it's fixed... haha)

2mo4m50.jpg

33bcyes.jpg

2nbuk51.jpg

2qdst8w.jpg

Nice photos!!!!!!

what filters you guys use with this lens?
and also will sony warranty cover decentered lens?

I am using Hoya HD now. After breaking the B&W XS-Pro. I am tested the cheaper one in the past but it seem to cause a bit of "ghosting" and reflection when taking night shots.

I'm using B+W MRC... so far so good.
Agree with ongbenghui, it had reflection when using cheaper filter.

Anyone tried this lens hand-held for indoor or evening shots? Does the OSS work well?

Tried for a few minutes only. Is it just me or the lens lack the good ol pop up effects for a typical Zeiss? It's quite sharp though. Anyway still feel quite itchy to buy haha.

BBBMTL.

Anyone tried this lens with A6000?