New E mount Zeiss 16-70 f4 zoom

I have the error once after that no more so far

After 1 week plus having this lens and did some focusing test (which it performed very well, no front and back focus problem, very sharp indeed), I have some trouble while capturing indoor. When i zoom in at 70mm the aperture switch to F-- for 2-3 seconds to adjust to the environment and back to F4 (this happen in indoors and sometimes outdoors). And it's quite fussy in focusing when i'm capturing a sudden interesting moment, it will zoom in and out and it doesn't focus. I need to turn it off and on again, then it will work as per normal. Feel that my little 16-50 still perform a lot better as a walk about lens.

Is this normal?? Should i go back to the shop to have a replacement?

I just update the firmware to Ver 1.02 last night. Still had the same problem. Will try capture more picture to see how's the performance today...

After 1 week plus having this lens and did some focusing test (which it performed very well, no front and back focus problem, very sharp indeed), I have some trouble while capturing indoor. When i zoom in at 70mm the aperture switch to F-- for 2-3 seconds to adjust to the environment and back to F4 (this happen in indoors and sometimes outdoors). And it's quite fussy in focusing when i'm capturing a sudden interesting moment, it will zoom in and out and it doesn't focus. I need to turn it off and on again, then it will work as per normal. Feel that my little 16-50 still perform a lot better as a walk about lens.

I just update the firmware to Ver 1.02 last night. Still had the same problem. Will try capture more picture to see how's the performance today...

You are using nex 6 or 7 ?

Would it be the body and lens contacts issue, try clean it up
Got this problem when I use this lens 1st few days I bought, after clean the contact so far ok

Would it be the body and lens contacts issue, try clean it up
Got this problem when I use this lens 1st few days I bought, after clean the contact so far ok

Any tutorial how to clean it? :)

The lens can't expose front or back focusing anyway, your camera works with CDAF. :)

The lens can't expose front or back focusing anyway, your camera works with CDAF. :)

Google or youtube it =p

Thanks all! I'm still quite new with nex thingy... Need more googling 😄 cleaning the contact seems solve the problem... Hope it wont come back anymore...

Reactions: ageha
What filter are you guys using on this?????

i bought H&Y SPRO1 HD MC UV 55mm together with the lens , today just received my 1st CPL filter that's bought at Ebay which is Marumu Super DHG CPL

Nex 6 + 1670z

DSC06041.jpg

DSC06048.jpg

DSC06067.jpg

Some of the photos from my recent Vietnam trip...
Nex 6 + 1670

2j11z0g.jpg

1zv7p06.jpg

250nfnl.jpg

2vcuck7.jpg

2gwwebn.jpg

Nice shots!!!

Just got to know firmware 1.02 support fast AF on the 1670z and it was released in aug last yr!!

Im super wols... zzzzzz

I have the same problem, F-- when zooming in/out, using NEX 5 with 55-210 lens. Sometimes with other lens too, but only like 5% of the time, with 55-210 it happened almost everytime.
After some google-research, looks like the only way to fix is to bring to Sony ... they will replace part of the mount on the camera.
If your camera is still in-warranty, you're lucky.
Mine is out of warranty, so I can only suck thumb :p

I have the same problem, F-- when zooming in/out, using NEX 5 with 55-210 lens. Sometimes with other lens too, but only like 5% of the time, with 55-210 it happened almost everytime.
After some google-research, looks like the only way to fix is to bring to Sony ... they will replace part of the mount on the camera.
If your camera is still in-warranty, you're lucky.
Mine is out of warranty, so I can only suck thumb :p

Thks Jennzhen, i've called Sony and i will go to have it fix. Will Update soon after :)

Thks Jennzhen, i've called Sony and i will go to have it fix. Will Update soon after :)

I believe the part to replaced is called MB Contact Unit(755).
See part number 264 below (link: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...arts/Model-NEX3KS/0996/0500140/50037220/00006).

The original part number was A1773802A, but subsequently has been replaced with A1876371B, maybe because the original component was found to be defective (just a guess).

The price seems to be around US$20-30.

50037220-00006.png