New E-M5 Sales

Quite curious to know where your bro was quoted $884. From a brick and mortar shop? Nice reminder for everyone.
I never got quoted that much for that lens. Someone has to try really hard to come up with that price.

Hi to the bro who PM me asking about the HLD6 PWP , your inbox is full.

if it's the HLD6 for EM5 u r referring to, it's a freebie currently for all EM5 purchases. No need to look for friendly shops etc. Go for the elite kit, minus away the 12-40 worth $1000, u will essentially pay only like $650 for a brand new EM5 assuming the grip's worth a low $200.

Most shops like MS Color will throw in a free 40-150mm too.

The M S colour looks very good esp since they are giving a free 40-150 mm along with the extra battery and HLD6. Better having a free battery than previous month's free gift of a luggage as the free gift!

Hi to the bro who PM me asking about the HLD6 PWP , your inbox is full. if it's the HLD6 for EM5 u r referring to, it's a freebie currently for all EM5 purchases. No need to look for friendly shops etc. Go for the elite kit, minus away the 12-40 worth $1000, u will essentially pay only like $650 for a brand new EM5 assuming the grip's worth a low $200. Most shops like MS Color will throw in a free 40-150mm too.

The free 40-150mm still valid?

Went down to MS colour today and finally got the elite Em5 kit with the 12-40 pro lens for $1820. Burn a big hole in my pocket though it was a good offer especially when they threw in the grip, 40-150 lens and extra battery. Have not used it much as the interface are all alien to me as I only owned fixed lens cameras in the past and only familiar with Canon DSLR which I borrow from a friend occasionly.
Is there a good 'dummies guide' website where I can learn how to use the OLY EM5? Please point me to where I can learn fast, I am off to Korea on Tues with the Em5!

Thanks to all especially Keith who gave me advice and tips in this thread!

The free 40-150mm still valid?

Erm , M S Color's 40-150 promo is until 8th Jun so technically u still have 1.5 hours to go, assuming they aren't closed.
Anyway, nothing beats a call to the shops and ask. All the best

Went down to MS colour today and finally got the elite Em5 kit with the 12-40 pro lens for $1820. Burn a big hole in my pocket though it was a good offer especially when they threw in the grip, 40-150 lens and extra battery. Have not used it much as the interface are all alien to me as I only owned fixed lens cameras in the past and only familiar with Canon DSLR which I borrow from a friend occasionly. Is there a good 'dummies guide' website where I can learn how to use the OLY EM5? Please point me to where I can learn fast, I am off to Korea on Tues with the Em5! Thanks to all especially Keith who gave me advice and tips in this thread!

It's a good deal with the grip , lens , battery all thrown in when the lens alone is $11xx stand alone :)

Quite a good guide I've come across http://m.dpreview.com/articles/9115179666/user-guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-olympus-e-m5

Remember , worst come to worst since u r flying off just in 1.5 days , u can always fall back to the iAuto mode in the cameras. At the least it will be good for u to take the camera out for a spin for half a day to get acquainted with it at least coming to aperture mode and twiddling with exposure controls.

Have fun!

Erm , M S Color's 40-150 promo is until 8th Jun so technically u still have 1.5 hours to go, assuming they aren't closed.
Anyway, nothing beats a call to the shops and ask. All the best

Haha, good. Gotten EM5 elite last month, so no chance and missed the 40-150 ;p

Started to use EM5 with the HLD6 and 12-40, not very happy with the weight and size. But I am happy with the result that I get with the new 45mm and also the 12-40mm. Need to use more to know what work best for me.

Wonder why MScolor can offer the free lens but not the other shops. I wish the promo is offered to the shops at funan, since there are more shops at one building and more choices for consumers.

Took some shots and truly a good camera but trying to figure out how to configure the settings is not easy. Example that I seemed to configure the super control panel on the Aperture priority mode to appear but the next time round it does not appear and sometimes the control display settings I set don't seem to take effect. Sure takes a lot of figuring out at least for me!

Need some help guys. Now in Korea with the pro 12-40 lens. For some reason I cannot get the lens to auto focus . There is no beep sound or green focus box. Checked through the settings, even reset them, put in and take out the lens but cannot get it to work. Manual focus no problem. Is there some setting I should try? Thanks to any advice given.

Need some help guys. Now in Korea with the pro 12-40 lens. For some reason I cannot get the lens to auto focus . There is no beep sound or green focus box. Checked through the settings, even reset them, put in and take out the lens but cannot get it to work. Manual focus no problem. Is there some setting I should try? Thanks to any advice given.

Did you accidentally pull backwards on the manual focus ring clutch or somehow it got "stuck" in this mode..

Thanks gizmo! That worked ! Shows what a noob I am with my first non fixed lens camera !

You gotta be kidding me. How do they do this?

BBB virus

Last edited: