New E-M5 Sales

Just to share with all.. there is a Harvey Norman Millenia in-store promotion for all cameras at 20% off prices.. saw this mentioned in Fuji forum and went down to check..

Managed to get the last set of E-M10 dual kit set at good price.. E-M1 looks to be a good price too.. much better than Funan shop pricing..

However, please call to check if there is sufficient stocks and cheong down if so.. :)
How much did you pay?

$1448 - 20%... $1.1k+ :)

Wow, good price especially for the higher price item like EM1 or EM5. If after 20% discount and still qualify for the $200 rebate, it will be ????

Wow, good price especially for the higher price item like EM1 or EM5. If after 20% discount and still qualify for the $200 rebate, it will be ????

I dont think they will combine two promotions

$0527_olympusEM5_mail.jpgqoo10 has good offer

Read somewhere this e-m5 body made in china? Any comments? Promo from qoo10 is bundled with 17mm 2.8f lens .

Last edited:
Read somewhere this e-m5 body made in china? Any comments? Promo from qoo10 is bundled with 17mm 2.8f lens .

I dont see anything wrong with that. Most gadgers now are MIC

I dont see anything wrong with that. Most gadgers now are MIC

olympus always made in china since the times of e3..... even the pro mft lenses also made in china.

they even throw you the grip and battery. i think it is better than buying from CS marketplace.

I just bought a EM5, haha.

I got no issue with EM5 but not too sure about 17mm F2.8. I am happy with my EM5 with 17mm F1.8.

I got no issue with EM5 but not too sure about 17mm F2.8. I am happy with my EM5 with 17mm F1.8.
The 17/2.8 is smaller and if you get a good sample it's actually a good lens, mine is pretty sharp.

I also just ordered one, wonder how a 17mm F2.8 can produced?

Made in china is common no worries. My d800 is made in thailand.

Its not something I worry about :) if anything it should be the after sales service one should focus on instead when buying electronics.

I also just ordered one, wonder how a 17mm F2.8 can produced?

It's a commonly misunderstood lens as when it was released , the only comparison it had back then was the Pana 20/1.7 which anyway much more expensive in comparison.

The 17/2.8 is capable of giving u sharp images.

The E-M1 kit was sold out already for their promo (think only left the body only set).. just use the Oly promo price based on May brochure/pdf.. I calculated the E-M1 kit to be around $2.3k+!!

Btw.. told my friend on the offer and he cheong down the same day to get the E-M10 single kit for $1k nett. :)

Last edited:
Is the 17mm 2.8f lens good/suitable for use travelling lens on holiday trips. Not weather sealed right?

Is the 17mm 2.8f lens good/suitable for use travelling lens on holiday trips. Not weather sealed right?
No sealing but it's smaller than the 17mm f/1.8, I like it. Actually I think it even looks better (the black one) than the new one. :p

Last edited:
I find the17/F2.8 motor noisy and the AF slow. The pana 14/f2.5 is a better option

I find the17/F2.8 motor noisy and the AF slow. The pana 14/f2.5 is a better option
My Oly is quiet, is quick enough and doesn't vibrate like some Panas, at least on the EM5; I haven't tried it on a Pana body. The 14/2.5 is definitely faster and silent. :) I use the latter one often on my GH2 but it's a boring lens.