New E-M5 Sales

Better than buying fr bns, cos u r getting a nrw set fr the same price. Mayb i shld gt the em5 set hmm...

At this rate of discount offer by Oly, perhaps the 12-40 will be next on promotion next month? Waiting...

Better than buying fr bns, cos u r getting a nrw set fr the same price. Mayb i shld gt the em5 set hmm...

Still see some em5 being snapped up recently on bns...

anyone bought from Daiso b4? Good service?
I am thinking of the Ep3 kit..$350..more value than bargaining in our own BnS..haha

anyone bought from Daiso b4? Good service? I am thinking of the Ep3 kit..$350..more value than bargaining in our own BnS..haha

Yes you can get the EP3 kit from them with assurance. Got my unit from them in Jan this year also. Unit brand new with the oly seal still intact

Either they dun know about this thread or just being cautious. Wanna see look and feel physical item before purchase

One advantage is that you can see and feel, and decide if u want to reject the deal. Prob with buying from overseas, is if minor defects, u may not want to return the goods. And also the way the goods are handled on the flight, u can imagine how they throw the goods around.

Either they dun know about this thread or just being cautious. Wanna see look and feel physical item before purchase

I guess so. It's really unpredictable how resale prices can potentially dip overnight when things like this happen. So lesson is, don't just BBB but SSS to justify whatever money spent.

One advantage is that you can see and feel, and decide if u want to reject the deal. Prob with buying from overseas, is if minor defects, u may not want to return the goods. And also the way the goods are handled on the flight, u can imagine how they throw the goods around.

Depends on the return policy of the overseas vendor. If it's amazon, I have almost complete faith that they will address any defects or issues satisfactorily.

Btw, goods that come from our local dealers are also air flown and equally are subject to the risk of mishandling. So I don't see that as a factor to consider...

Took the plunge and ordered the em5 fr daiso. In immaculate condition, definitely new old stock and worth it. Hld6 came as promised. Bt then again the 1823$ kit fr local dealers is as good too considering u get the 12-40 but i don't need that. Came within 6 days of ordering. International warranty for the win!

Took the plunge and ordered the em5 fr daiso. In immaculate condition, definitely new old stock and worth it. Hld6 came as promised. Bt then again the 1823$ kit fr local dealers is as good too considering u get the 12-40 but i don't need that. Came within 6 days of ordering. International warranty for the win!

:) glad for u. THe deal from Daiso is definitely good.

if u were interested in the 12-40, its definitely worth it to buy brand new local than anywhere else. Imagine $1820 for EM5 (elite), 12-40 and HLD6. Even if I lowball myself and count 12-40 as $1000, HLD6 at $200, the EM5 elite body's only $600.

Probably will get the EM5 (elite) to just keep as a backup. Afterall, its something one can only buy when kitted with the 12-40.

Last week I was considering the EM 5, EM 10 and the sonya6000. After reading the reviews and the many helpful opinions available here, I have reduced it down to the EM5 because every where I read good things about it and Oly seems to always have good promotions on their lenses and cameras. Was quite settled on getting from QOO with its attractive price of about $900 but now after further reading I am even considering the EM5 elite with the 12-40 mm lens which is easily double the price of the qoo offer. That will be the ultimate splash of cash but I supposed the 12-40 mm can take excellent pictures of potraits, landscapes, street photography all in a rugged body etc.
2 questions
1.) Would 12-40 mm be reasonably good at sports photography as well ? Able to focus/track the action well? Sorry if this a noob question as all my previous cameras were fixed lens.

2.) From my research, I found the main features of the EM 5 elite as shown below. Does it give a significant improvement from the original EM5?

1. Traditional camera feel is achieved with black tetured powder coating
2. Leather-like design is used on the grip for excellent texture
3. Both main and sub-dial have been refined for improved design and operation
4. New Firmware Ver 2.0 brings support of ISO LOW (equiv ISO100) and Small AF Target to the camera
5. Bundled with the M ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO zoom

thanks for all your sharings.

Last week I was considering the EM 5, EM 10 and the sonya6000. After reading the reviews and the many helpful opinions available here, I have reduced it down to the EM5 because every where I read good things about it and Oly seems to always have good promotions on their lenses and cameras. Was quite settled on getting from QOO with its attractive price of about $900 but now after further reading I am even considering the EM5 elite with the 12-40 mm lens which is easily double the price of the qoo offer. That will be the ultimate splash of cash but I supposed the 12-40 mm can take excellent pictures of potraits, landscapes, street photography all in a rugged body etc.
2 questions
1.) Would 12-40 mm be reasonably good at sports photography as well ? Able to focus/track the action well? Sorry if this a noob question as all my previous cameras were fixed lens.

2.) From my research, I found the main features of the EM 5 elite as shown below. Does it give a significant improvement from the original EM5?

1. Traditional camera feel is achieved with black tetured powder coating
2. Leather-like design is used on the grip for excellent texture
3. Both main and sub-dial have been refined for improved design and operation
4. New Firmware Ver 2.0 brings support of ISO LOW (equiv ISO100) and Small AF Target to the camera
5. Bundled with the M ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO zoom

thanks for all your sharings.

1: Single AF is fast, C-AF not really. 12-40 focal length is hardly long enough for sports photography.
2: 1&2 up to u, 3 yes, 4 old EM5 can upgrade to that as well. street price (i'm bit rusty, is it 1.1/1.2K?), you can work backwards EM5 less 12-50 can be sold for perhaps 150-200? and add street price of 12-40 to see if it's worth.

1: Single AF is fast, C-AF not really. 12-40 focal length is hardly long enough for sports photography. 2: 1&2 up to u, 3 yes, 4 old EM5 can upgrade to that as well. street price (i'm bit rusty, is it 1.1/1.2K?), you can work backwards EM5 less 12-50 can be sold for perhaps 150-200? and add street price of 12-40 to see if it's worth.

Following up on Wong's sharing.

1. Single AF is so fast I seldom use C-AF ;) agree that the reach can be longer ; I've used the 12-40/2.8 for table tennis and basketball matches in school and it's decent enough for me and when I need the reach I use the 2x converter (yes , IQ is slightly degraded but it beats having no useful shots) I use the 75/1.8 together with the 12-40 for sports.

2. Hmm , prices are currently mis-matched now haha. BnS prices are on the higher end. I'm getting a brand new EM5(elite) body for a friend later at a price BnS cannot even offer. [3 person sharing a EM5 elite kit here].

3. I'll get the 12-40 over the 12-50 anytime anyday but this is up to individuals. Good glass is much more worth spending on than bodies.

4. I agree with Wong, the improvements in the elite ver are generally physically (refined dials, finishing etc) , to me it's worth buying if u get a good deal since afterall it currently has a higher resale value then the original EM5 and the only way to get one is to buy it with the 12-40 kit.

Last edited:
The older model OMD 5 has no Single AF ? Learning lots here. thanks guys. Qoo daiso further price drop even better..

The older model OMD 5 has no Single AF ? Learning lots here. thanks guys. Qoo daiso further price drop even better..

Of course it has :) even the iPhone has AF.

What does C-AF stand for? thanks