New E-M5 Sales

Haha but correct me if im wrong. Apparently the EM5 elite is just a facelift with textured powder coating, leather-like grip, extended ISO to 100 and bundled with the 12-40mm Pro lens.. other than that it all the same if with the EM5, more so with the silver version EM5 as it has a leather-like grip already..

Haha , sounds overall right. I'd agree its a facelift too and if I already have the EM5 , I'd probably just do the firmware upgrade, afterall the original EM5 is a great camera already & money not easy to earn.

However for the EPL , EPM and non Oly users , I see it as definitely welcome that Oly is continuing to improve on an already great model by providing ISO100, smaller AF box , better texture and even redesigning the top dials - it shows Oly listened to feedback , all for probably no increase in price (local prices not out yet so we don't speculate k).

The revised paintwork is a definite plus as the old black OMD paint comes off too easily kekeke....

I could have gotten the elite if builtin flash was added

Haha , sounds overall right. I'd agree its a facelift too and if I already have the EM5 , I'd probably just do the firmware upgrade, afterall the original EM5 is a great camera already & money not easy to earn.

However for the EPL , EPM and non Oly users , I see it as definitely welcome that Oly is continuing to improve on an already great model by providing ISO100, smaller AF box , better texture and even redesigning the top dials - it shows Oly listened to feedback , all for probably no increase in price (local prices not out yet so we don't speculate k).

If i were to get the EM5 now, will the firmware already be upgraded or do I have to do it myself? how do u upgrade it?

If i were to get the EM5 now, will the firmware already be upgraded or do I have to do it myself? how do u upgrade it?

Most likely is still old firmware 1.x
DIY is faster. Install Olympus updater and connect em5 to your pc via usb cable, need internet connection. The software will prompt you firmware 2.0 update.
Installation takes you less than 5 minutes.

If it's EM5 from B n S , get the seller to do it for u first :) new sets from shops unlikely to be ver 2. Use Olympus updater and do the update with the supplied USB data cable / really quite fast.

U can download the latest ver of the updater here : http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_downloads_updater.asp

Most likely is still old firmware 1.x
DIY is faster. Install Olympus updater and connect em5 to your pc via usb cable, need internet connection. The software will prompt you firmware 2.0 update.
Installation takes you less than 5 minutes.

Excellent.. Easy enough.. Thanx so much bro..

If it's EM5 from B n S , get the seller to do it for u first :) new sets from shops unlikely to be ver 2. Use Olympus updater and do the update with the supplied USB data cable / really quite fast.

U can download the latest ver of the updater here : http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_downloads_updater.asp

Thanx for the info.. Anyway Keith, most like buying 1st hand.. Hopefully the CNY Promo still available, EM5 with 2 lens free and extra batt.. haha

not sure it's a good deal or not - purchased a black E-M5 body with flash but not kit lens for $825

not sure it's a good deal or not - purchased a black E-M5 body with flash but not kit lens for $825

New set from shop?

Excellent.. Easy enough.. Thanx so much bro..

Thanx for the info.. Anyway Keith, most like buying 1st hand.. Hopefully the CNY Promo still available, EM5 with 2 lens free and extra batt.. haha
Apparently they extended the promo

removed

Last edited:
Is the seller reliable?

can't really answer the question, though the seller is "daiso", let's hope they not selling a $2 stuff for $899? :confused:

there's a store talk from their customers if interested though :)

can't really answer the question, though the seller is "daiso", let's hope they not selling a $2 stuff for $899? :confused:

there's a store talk from their customers if interested though :)

maybe its a dummy set ? :bsmilie:

bought ep3 from Qoo at $350 with kit lens...1 year singapore warranty and free workshop as well. I think the EM5 promo also is a steal. Just 15 sets only. Better than some selling here 2nd hand, pricey than selling new....