New E-M1 3.0 firmware gets released! (from 4/3.com)Q

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
http://www.43rumors.com/new-e-m1-3-0-firmware-gets-released/

Quote from the website :

"Our reader Dan just found the link to the new E-M1 firmware update file:
“The E-M1 3.0 firmware is already available on the Olympus website, the download link is: http://dl01.olympus-imaging.com/OLYMPUS_MASTER/FIRMWARES/0001/1090/OLY_E_109_3001_0000_0000.BIN
One can update it using the SD card method:
1. rename the downloaded file to “E1092100.BIN”
2. put the file into a folder called “DCOLYMP” on the SD card.
3. start the camera while pushing the OK button. The red LED will go on for a while.
4. when the red LED is flashing on/off you know, restart the camera now and all is done”

Read the article for more information on the new firmware's capabilities.

Safe to update. I've updated mine, just be careful with naming and battery life

Not a very useful update for me since I don't like to 'spray and pray'.

To those who have upgraded, can I check, after the upgrade, do all your previous settings remained intact ?

Thanks

To those who have upgraded, can I check, after the upgrade, do all your previous settings remained intact ?

Thanks

mine wasn't intact, have to set them up again... but i did skip a few updates before jumping straight into firmware 3.0 (EM1)

i have to say using this new method is pretty cool and easy

Last edited:
All intact ;)

mine wasn't intact, have to set them up again...

Hmmm ... not to doubt anyone ... but are all the previous settings intact or not intact ?

I remember when I updated the previous time, all my settings when to default factory setting ...

Any tricks on how to keep them intact ?

Thanks

Hmmm ... not to doubt anyone ... but are all the previous settings intact or not intact ?

I remember when I updated the previous time, all my settings when to default factory setting ...

Any tricks on how to keep them intact ?

Thanks
If u update from an old version all the settings will reset.

If u update from an old version all the settings will reset.

Yeap. There was a major update prior to Ver 3.0 which will reset all settings (I can't remember but I think it was ver 2.0 that came pre-installed on Chrome EM1 units)

Hence for someone who has probably never updated once and moving from ver 1.x to ver 3 straight the settings will be reset. Didn't think about this as I do update the firmware regularly.

Yeap. There was a major update prior to Ver 3.0 which will reset all settings (I can't remember but I think it was ver 2.0 that came pre-installed on Chrome EM1 units)

Hence for someone who has probably never updated once and moving from ver 1.x to ver 3 straight the settings will be reset. Didn't think about this as I do update the firmware regularly.

Full details, including menu. ;)

Firmware v3.0 information

One page menu for v3.0

Do u guys prefer to use c-af lock set to off or normal?

Do u guys prefer to use c-af lock set to off or normal?

I'd been using C-AF Lock since E-3. For E-M1, I set it to Normal. I observed the setting does 2 things:

1. Minimize AF hunting during C-AF as the photographer follow the subject.

2. Minimize focus shift during C-AF when something accidentally come in between the photographer and the subject.

Unless absolutely necessary, I wouldn't set C-AF Lock to High as this setting zap battery life.

:)