New DA * fast zoom lens announced ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to wow, I'm not rich one, just that I sold my whole Canon arsenal recently, and been saving up to get a new system. It was supposed to be a Nikon D80 until I saw the Pentax K10D. The 3 lenses also fit PERFECTLY into what I had in mind for lenses, plus I'm not the type who like to buy 5-6 lenses.

Buy once, and settle down with all of them! :heart:

wow....for the first time, I heard someone say the correct thing one camera and a few required lenses is enough! My C and N friends are always talking about how many lenses there are available and they keep on buying and buying and buying.
I agree that unless you are really a pro, a few good lenses will do.

Something which i dont understand. Since Pros determine the value of the photography. Why do they still jump from systems to systems? Arent most system equally good. Often than not, we always seen ppl arguing that its the person who makes a photo tick. Not the camera. So why do they still opt to change a totally new system? It comes with a heavy cost and its not cheap!

Something which i dont understand. Since Pros determine the value of the photography. Why do they still jump from systems to systems? Arent most system equally good. Often than not, we always seen ppl arguing that its the person who makes a photo tick. Not the camera. So why do they still opt to change a totally new system? It comes with a heavy cost and its not cheap!

sometime is becos of their service no good, they dun come out the lens they want, or becos of the price. A lot of thing make ppl change system, if they dun change when time go by u can only see one brand in the market, then no compare then how 2 improve.

Care to explain abit more on lenses which dont cover their needs? From canon's camp, they should have a really big arsenal of lenses. Plus, talking about cost, when we switched camp, it 'll be more expensive.

Plus, since being a seasoned photographer, are there still a mind set of 'not enough lense'?

Care to explain abit more on lenses which dont cover their needs? From canon's camp, they should have a really big arsenal of lenses. Plus, talking about cost, when we switched camp, it 'll be more expensive.

Plus, since being a seasoned photographer, are there still a mind set of 'not enough lense'?

Its very hard 4 me 2 explain, when u use u will know, different brands got different spec. and different image quality. Lens oso the same not say they dun cover the need, but the quality come out is dirrerents, u need 2 try out then u know.

I already sold my whole Canon system and considering Nikon, but the Pentax stuff is making things more tempting for me... K10D, affordable DA* fast zooms... Yummy!

As mine too... waiting for K10D & some pancake limited prime lens...

erhhh.

how do you know they're going to be affordable? :p

Nobody knows the depth of your pockets except you yourself ..............:think:

Mine have got small holes in them ................. :cry:

OMG! My friend in Japan managed to touch and feel the new DA* zooms at a private show two days ago! He didn't mention to me until I told him I was getting a Pentax camera! He had no RAWs to show me though since they were not allowed to take photos...

What he did tell me the construction of the lens were damn solid like a Tokina, along with the fast focus, but he did mention it doesn't focus as faster as Canon's technology, but it's a good start. Seems like the lenses are not vaporware like what many people are suspecting...

OMG! My friend in Japan managed to touch and feel the new DA* zooms at a private show two days ago! He didn't mention to me until I told him I was getting a Pentax camera! He had no RAWs to show me though since they were not allowed to take photos...

What he did tell me the construction of the lens were damn solid like a Tokina, along with the fast focus, but he did mention it doesn't focus as faster as Canon's technology, but it's a good start. Seems like the lenses are not vaporware like what many people are
suspecting...

Very cool. I don't think people think the lenses are vaporware - it's jsut that tonika announced them much earlier and they have been delayed, so the same is expected about the DA*.

Status
Not open for further replies.