new D50 user - nikon bag or lowepro bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some 'hot' bag models are being snapped up/ out of stock esp during this festive season. Better act quick n call up to check/reserve.

Comity said:
May i know how much roughly it is going at for the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300AW? And at where?

i got mine at john3:16 @ $130... think i paid too much for it

though they are nice ppl and provide good service... prices are not the best.

$120 mscolor,no stock as of 25/1/06

the free bag i got with my D50 looks almost the same at the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 300AW leh... instead of the front plastic buckle of the Lowepro, the Nikon one is a metal one.
The padded insert of the nikon one is smaller as compared to the Lowepro one. There are still space enuff to put maybe things size of a flash on both sides(on the inside).

I have a smaller bag which i bought. Regretted. Too small. just enuff for the D50+kit lens with probably an ext flash. So what i did is took out the padded inserts of the nikon bag, i use my regular Deuter bag instead. I prefer backpacks rather than slings. :D

i juz got lowepro CompuTrekker AW from CP Marina yest. last one there. those loking for CompuRover AW can try there. yest stil had stock there

back pack too eh... its just better to carry everything over 2 shoulders rather than 1
:)

infusia said:
back pack too eh... its just better to carry everything over 2 shoulders rather than 1
It's not accessible fast if you need to swap or use certain equipment, sling bags have their uses too.

zaxh81 said:
Both side of my nikon bag have broke already.
very fragile plastic hinge they have.:(

Same here.... but i stopped using after one side broke. it did serve me well though when the hinge is still attached and could carry lots of stuff ;p now, i use a lowepro stealth reporter 400.

infusia said:

can have different bags for different purpose. when i need to walk long distance, a backpack will be very much more useful... especially, when u throw in water bottles and other stuff.

espn said:
It's not accessible fast if you need to swap or use certain equipment, sling bags have their uses too.

dats true also... :rolleyes:

thansk for the link!

Anyway, backpacks is so much comfortable than a sling bag. But yeah, its not that accessible fast.

Choosing the right bag can be tiring. :bsmilie:

Comity said:
I got my kit frm mscolor too..Sadly, i didnt have any choices. =\ ...The nikon bag looks and feels cheap if you ask me. haha..But the strap is pretty comfortable tho.

Is it possible to ask for a change? or at least, have a look at the lowepro bag? Damn, i feel cheated.:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hi guys sorry OT a bit. Comity, U were sayin U recently bought the D50 kit frm MS...may I ask for hw much nett?

I myself thking of getting one, but weighing the price difference between D50 kit & D70s kit.
I realise if get D50 kit, theres some "balance" comparing to gettin a D70s---one can channel the $ to another lens or mayB a flash...or a dry cabi for that matter.

Anyone knows the rough pricing of D50 kit & D70s kit? Thanks in advance...

Ridicule said:
Hi guys sorry OT a bit. Comity, U were sayin U recently bought the D50 kit frm MS...may I ask for hw much nett?

I myself thking of getting one, but weighing the price difference between D50 kit & D70s kit.
I realise if get D50 kit, theres some "balance" comparing to gettin a D70s---one can channel the $ to another lens or mayB a flash...or a dry cabi for that matter.

Anyone knows the rough pricing of D50 kit & D70s kit? Thanks in advance...

D50 should be still abt $1288 and D70s about $1750 ==> about $450 difference...

kcuf2 said:
D50 should be still abt $1288 and D70s about $1750 ==> about $450 difference...

Okie kcuf2 thanks for the prompt reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.