NEW : Creative Zen Vision M

Status
Not open for further replies.

lui002

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
Creative Technology today introduced the Zen Vision:M, Creative's premier 30GB video player, photo viewer and MP3 player. Designed with a 2.5-inch, high-resolution 262,144 color LCD screen, the Zen Vision:M displays rich, vibrant digital video, and photos, full-color menus and album art. The Zen Vision:M will be available in high-gloss black, white, blue, green or pink this month for S$598.

With capacity for tens of thousands of photos, the Zen Vision:M displays full-color image output on any size TV screen through an optional composite video-out connector. Users can watch slideshows set to music and select individual digital photos as display backgrounders.

what's the use?
i recently got the nice-on-paper microphoto.
installing the CD was plagued with problems, in the end gave up and just used WMP10.
and the player itself, what's the point of viewing photos if the music turns off? my phone can do better (but not OLED/8GB but so?)
the menu system is quite badly done, really a for-us-by-us GUI, except the 'us' here are the GUI designers...
since the microphoto is the closest thing I see to this M thingy, same buttons same menu style i highly recommend AGAINST it.

It's not just specs, it's UI as well. Creative SUXX in this respect. (the build and h/w quality are first rate though X( wasted)

Not useful for photographers. No slot to take CF card or SD card...

It's not meant to be a hardcore photographer's tool for photo storage and display... the Zen Vision is more for that purpose but more ex. This M thing is meant to give iPOD video a fight. I just bought the iPOD video... one hell of a device. Great style and top notch functionality.

I don't know why Creative is pricing the M higher than the iPOD video.

Any truly hardcore photographer would not go for the Zen Vision as it's image quality is quite bad. It's screen is transreflective and can only be viewed properly head-on. Turn your head a bit and the image quality deteriorates... very irritating.

I find the screen for the Zen Vision quite good actually. Not sure what other devices you compare to but if you consider the screen for the Zen Vision to be "quite bad". I will really have to see the other device you are looking at.

Anyway, these media players are meant to be used by the person viewing it and not by people looking from the side right?

Anyway I am sure with rapid advancement in LCD technology, these devices will only get better and cheaper.

I compared the Creative Zen Vision side by side with the Epson P2000 at COMEX in September and the difference is like day and night. I was so impressed that I bought the Epson on the spot. No wonder it is so popular amongst professional photographers. Check it out for yourself... but only if you have not bought the Zen Vision already. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.