New 8MP Olympus DSLR with Anti-Dust Sys for under 1K..WITH LENS kit!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that the $1k price is in US dollars, which would make it S$1.7-1.8k, similar to the Canon 300D with kit lens.

the landscape will be very different with this thrown into the current array of products :) but it might have come too late. Canon and Nikon has already cornered the "budget" DSLR market with the successful launch of 300D and D70 respectively.

mpenza said:
the landscape will be very different with this thrown into the current array of products :) but it might have come too late. Canon and Nikon has already cornered the "budget" DSLR market with the successful launch of 300D and D70 respectively.

This shouldnt come as a suprise.... Olympus already messed up the E-1, it was wayyy to expensive and got owned by the EOS 1D........

I think they shd release it for even lower, if not theres no chance for them to compete with the nikons and canons, exp if you take into consideration the fact that they have very few lenses to choose from (very ex too) and that they did not continue to fully support the OM series.... :dunno:

haha... this one guess its all their marketing Strageties !! hmm... sounds soo nice, but hai~ no money to get new camera...

dundee said:
This shouldnt come as a suprise.... Olympus already messed up the E-1, it was wayyy to expensive and got owned by the EOS 1D........

I think they shd release it for even lower, if not theres no chance for them to compete with the nikons and canons, exp if you take into consideration the fact that they have very few lenses to choose from (very ex too) and that they did not continue to fully support the OM series.... :dunno:

agreed! there's no way to beat Canon n Nikon, except offer a lowerr price... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.