Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

May 3, 2006
Bishan
Any advice?

Both prices are abouts the same.

:)

can u give more information, like what you are going to be shooting? If u like sports, obviously the choice is the 1d3, but if u do events and landscape, then u should go for 5D mk2... both are arther different cameras...

looking at your lens, 5D2 will be great if you do events and portraits.

Basically I just use it to shoot my kids, family & holidays.

Not really into sports, nature, landscapes.

I more inclined towards 5Dmk2 also.

If I can get a 16-35mm mk2 + 5Dmk2, with my existing lenses, would be great!

But I like the built-in grip of 1Dmk3. Although I know do not need the speed, I just love/want to have it.

:think::think:

I more inclined towards 5Dmk2 also.

If I can get a 16-35mm mk2 + 5Dmk2, with my existing lenses, would be great!

But I like the built-in grip of 1Dmk3. Although I know do not need the speed, I just love/want to have it.

5dmk2 with 16-35mk2 is more than enough...

but if money is not an issue whats not to stop him from getting a mark III ;p

$ is a slight issue.

Wifey is big issue! :)

Is 1Dmk4 coming anytime soon? :bsmilie:

1Ds MK3 is the way to go. full frame and fast.

No one hardly selling 2nd hand 1Dsmk3. Though I came across one for $6k++ couple months ago here.

If buy new, I need to break the bank.:bigeyes:

selling in the forum

1Ds3

1Ds Mk2. pretty fantastic camera. fast af. beautiful colors from the sensor. heavy tank. not much push/pull latitude in the files.

Thanks for the links.

1Dsmk3 for $7k? Fair deal? :sweat::sweat:
Oh no, i guess I ain't getting any sleep tonight....

Allow me to digest all options

Thanks for the links.

1Dsmk3 for $7k? Fair deal? :sweat::sweat:
Oh no, i guess I ain't getting any sleep tonight....

Allow me to digest all options

if u got the dough, why not. it will make u happy. best of both worlds.

I've the 1d3 and im loving it only thing is my skill - more practise:sweat: im saving up fr the 5d2 cos im also doing videography....it will probably take me till next yr to get it but what a pleasure it will be: reason to go FF;p

1d3 fr nature life n sports
5d2 fr WA, P, timelapse....oh n videography :lovegrin: what more can u ask...err have more leh::p

Now the bad news....the 'lens', the rigging, the hardware & software...more?:(

Last edited:

Haha, in that case, a G10/11 would more than suffice!;p

If money is not an issue, just go for the 1DsMk3, a solidly built camera!

Haha, sounds like u have the same prob as I have with wifey...for me, I just gaffer tape the badge up, and tell her that the seemingly bigger and more colourful display of the LCD, is due to a firmware upgrade lor.;p

Haha, in that case, a G10/11 would more than suffice!;p

If money is not an issue, just go for the 1DsMk3, a solidly built camera!

Haha, sounds like u have the same prob as I have with wifey...for me, I just gaffer tape the badge up, and tell her that the seemingly bigger and more colourful display of the LCD, is due to a firmware upgrade lor.;p

I think I go with 5Dmk2 + 16-35mm mk2+ 77mm(B+W) UV filter + 16Gb CF Extreme3 + 77mm CP

Still have some loose change compared if I get a 2nd hand 1Dsmk3 ($7k).

Just stretching the $. :)

I think I go with 5Dmk2 + 16-35mm mk2+ 77mm(B+W) UV filter + 16Gb CF Extreme3 + 77mm CP

but then your camera will nt be fast enough! your kids will be running circles around u and poking fun of your camera. the 1ds3 will be fast enough to track them and you can blow the images up to 20 x 30 to cover the walls. :bsmilie:

not to mention u have a weather sealed body, 45 af points, built in vertical controls, cool user customisation, excellent wb and metering and the list goes on ... :lovegrin:

If you really want to stretch your dollar and if you shoot kids like I do, you might as well get the 7D...:)

5D Mark II image quality is a notch above 1D Mark III. I know 21MP is not common for everyone but once you have tried 21MP, you'll feel like 10MP is little cuz of the amount of details it can capture and of course, cropping has never been so amazing. So if you don't see yourself shooting photo journalism, sports, fast action on a frequent basis, 5D Mark II should be the camera for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.