Network for photographers' assistants

Hi guys,

Can I join in the network? Just made the switch into photography myself recently. Currently on the lookout for entry position into photography. I have some experience with makeover/glamour shots.

Do let me know if there's any gathering or happening here.
Thanks, Nice meeting you all.

Deep5

welcome deep5

the road won't be easy, but let's keep up one another's morale through this thread :)

hey, ya hor .. nobody suggested a gathering yet :D

ling13 and i have been thinking about a gathering of sorts for photographers' assistants for some time now.

is anyone interested? :D

I hope that all the assistant photographer can meet up to share their story with us. :)

Hav enot plan where to meet cos we want to know how many ppl will be able to meet up.The meeting will be at weekend.. :thumbsup:

i guess there are more pros than assistants here?? :bsmilie:

so far, i have received a couple of PMs expressing their interest in joining .. anybody else?

we are open to all~ just come with an open heart!

cool!

ok..so far we have..

1) Stereobox
2) Ling13
3) Reach2003
4) ParkertR
5) .... sorry dude, u pm-ed me, but i forgot your name!

everyday finish shoot pack up is already 8-10 plus liao.. got time also no spirit.... :cry:

come on guys, we can make it! :D i have to rush down to work even on Sunday, after my thrice weekly 2-3 hr IPPT RT session, and i've been down with flu for the past week.. and i'm not complaining :p

heya......
kinda curious
and a bit lazy to read the previous posts...
wat is dis gathering abt?
i might be interested
and has anyone emailed dat guy who is looking for assistants??

i have a suggestion actually...

instead of having a gathering where we just sit around and talk...(i know it might be awkward for some of us, especially if it's a large group...and i know i'm a shy kind of person)... we can have a mission-based shoot.

meaning to say, we can mock-up a client's brief for a shoot, say, an architectural interior shoot, product shoot, or even fashion shoot... and everybody will get a turn directing and photographing the shoot, while the rest of us can be the assistants.

at the end of the day, we will submit the pictures to an independent panel of judges (eg. Clubsnap members) for critique.

what say you guys?

I think that is a great ideal. :thumbsup:

Btw i was thinking after that we can go to the Riceball,which is a shop where they sell a lot of photography book.here is the address below:

Riceball Photography Bookstore
#04-17, The Adelphi
1 Coleman Street
Tel: 63367076

Business Hours:
Mon - Sat:12pm-8pm
Closed on Sun & P.H.

I have just bought my D70 book today.Good book as get to know more about the camera.Cant wait to read it :thumbsup:

Good idea ....
But no sure how it works.....

Hi Bing C.... alex here ... sorry din finish our conversation during ur sis wedding tat day ....

So ur boss recently very busy huh ?