Neoprene Strap in Dry Cabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongjone

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
Hi, just wondering is it ok to place the neoprene camera strap together in the dry cabinet? Would placing it inside for a long time affect the strap? Thanks. :bsmilie:

Hi, just wondering is it ok to place the neoprene camera strap together in the dry cabinet? Would placing it inside for a long time affect the strap? Thanks. :bsmilie:

So far so good... been in there for about a year...

Most DryCab settings for cams are around 40~45% to prevent fungus growth, which should not impact synthetic material like your strap.

Don't know what happens if you set it to below 30%, though...

should not be a problem at recommended settings. any lower or higher (much outside of the reco range) is harmful to cam rubber components. cheers. :)

I normally leave my strap outside. Not so much because of fear of damage but because they tend to absorb quite a bit of sweat. I'd rather not make everything inside the dry cabi smell of erm.. "effort". :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: Thanks everyone. Too lazy to remove it too. Hopefully it will not get degraded or something. Cheers!

my neoprene strap also stay with my camera body in dry cabi. Not a problem.:)

Not a problem with mine too.

Most DryCab settings for cams are around 40~45% to prevent fungus growth, which should not impact synthetic material like your strap.

Don't know what happens if you set it to below 30%, though...

Wah, I won't buy your cam if you ever put it up in Buy and Sell.

My neoprene strap is removable one, so I always put outside drycab to give more space in my drycab.

Regards,
Arto.

Mine is also removable one... but din bother to take out... no probs!

Status
Not open for further replies.