Needs comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenarrow2k4

Nov 1, 2004
Northern Singapore
Some photos taken on my recent trip to Langkawi. Needs comments from gurus here.

14679Sunrise-thumb.JPG

Woke up early and took this near to the beach.

14679Eagle-Sq-2-thumb.JPG

The symbol of Langkawi.

14679Mid-Tower-thumb.JPG

The only cable station on Langkawi. This is the mid-station.

14679View-From-Top-thumb.JPG

Top view from the cable-car station.

Photos taken with a Canon A95 on AUTO.

Hi greenarrow2k4,

"The symbol of Langkawi"

I would prefer to use PS to remove off the small dot on the right. If you could go near it, should try to shoot from another angle too so that a closer view of the bird is make.

DarkForce said:
Hi greenarrow2k4,

"The symbol of Langkawi"

I would prefer to use PS to remove off the small dot on the right. If you could go near it, should try to shoot from another angle too so that a closer view of the bird is make.

What's PS? PhotoShop? If I go near to the subject, I might not able to capture the whole eagle. Must I use a wide angle len?

greenarrow2k4 said:
What's PS? PhotoShop? If I go near to the subject, I might not able to capture the whole eagle. Must I use a wide angle len?

PS=Photoshop.

Usually I will bring one zoom lens and a wide angle along during oversea trip. Wide angle is good for capture scenery.

Here is one example

RGB_8143.jpg

Nice pic taken here. Say, how u upload such a large file? I've a Canon wide-angle but no zoom. For a compact, don't u think it's a bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah :D

DarkForce said:
PS=Photoshop.

Usually I will bring one zoom lens and a wide angle along during oversea trip. Wide angle is good for capture scenery.

Here is one example

RGB_8143.jpg

Nice pic u got there, DarkForce!
Korea? The sky is always so blue there. I jus came back from there.

Nice picture. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your pictures are too small! But the eagle shot was not bad. I've been there before and i know that its hard to photograph that eagle. Damn big! :)

BTW, which resort did you stay?

Cable car station
12805DSCN0380_640_x_480_.jpg

Its going to rain. Storm clouds just above my head.
12805DSCN0383_640_x_480_.jpg

Man lying down on the mountains
12805DSCN0404_640_x_480_.jpg

Photos taken using Nikon CP 775 (2MP!)

greenarrow2k4 said:
Nice pic taken here. Say, how u upload such a large file? I've a Canon wide-angle but no zoom. For a compact, don't u think it's a bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

Hi greenarrow2k4,

1) how u upload such a large file?

- I use PS to resize the photo to 600 x 400 300 dpi
- Save for web and adjust the Quailty till the size is just below 100 kb

2) bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

- When I go oversea, my equipment usually weight about 10kg. I even bring a big tripod too.

- For travel photography, some photographer prefer light good compact camera. Some would carry heavy gear. Each got they pro and cos so it depend on which group you belong to.

3) Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah.

- No problem. There are a lots of senior here who don't mind to share their knowledge with you. Since you got lots of time, you could always prastice more in Singapore first so that you can do better during oversea.

All the best

:)

evq said:
Nice pic u got there, DarkForce!
Korea? The sky is always so blue there. I jus came back from there.

Thanks Evq,

The sky there is nicer than Singapore but still not as good as NZ and Australia when I was there few years ago.

greenarrow2k4 said:
How to upload BIG photo? The system allows up to a certain limit. Pai Sai, newbie here ;)

The system are not restricting you.
Your url is linking a thumbnail instead of the actual picture.

Look at your URL again, notice there a THUMB before JPG.
remove that thumb. Most probably you copy thumbnail URL instead of the actual size

"http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/14679Sunrise-thumb.JPG"
"http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/14679Sunrise.JPG"

See the difference?

14679Sunrise.JPG

greenarrow2k4 said:

Are u interested in joining us on 27th Nov?
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=950186#post950186
We are all newbies ;)

DarkForce said:
Hi greenarrow2k4,

1) how u upload such a large file?

- I use PS to resize the photo to 600 x 400 300 dpi
- Save for web and adjust the Quailty till the size is just below 100 kb

2) bit tat heavy with a adapter + zoom len attach?

- When I go oversea, my equipment usually weight about 10kg. I even bring a big tripod too.

- For travel photography, some photographer prefer light good compact camera. Some would carry heavy gear. Each got they pro and cos so it depend on which group you belong to.

3) Hope to learn more from bros here on this hobby. Me have ample time lah.

- No problem. There are a lots of senior here who don't mind to share their knowledge with you. Since you got lots of time, you could always prastice more in Singapore first so that you can do better during oversea.

All the best

:)

I brought my 300D, kit lens, Sigma, portable storage, tripod, a video cam for tour.
Yes, it is heavy, but all worth it! :sweatsm:

evq said:
I brought my 300D, kit lens, Sigma, portable storage, tripod, a video cam for tour.
Yes, it is heavy, but all worth it! :sweatsm:

Oh yes bro,

We both belong to the same type of photographer.

Sometime I need to carry those gear up to a high hill. By the time I reach there (more than hundreds of staircase), my face turn green liao but still die die must set up the tripod to shoot loh. When it rain, I have to protect my gear and let myself got wet.

I will leave my storage (portable CD writer) in hotel lah.

Well, it is hard to find friends to go shooting oversea. When will be your next trip ?

DarkForce said:
Oh yes bro,

We both belong to the same type of photographer.

Sometime I need to carry those gear up to a high hill. By the time I reach there (more than hundreds of staircase), my face turn green liao but still die die must set up the tripod to shoot loh. When it rain, I have to protect my gear and let myself got wet.

I will leave my storage (portable CD writer) in hotel lah.

Well, it is hard to find friends to go shooting oversea. When will be your next trip ?

Hahhaa.. talk abt those endless steps up the hill(Jeju Island, Korea) & rainy days... :sweat:
Me next trip? Likely next aug/sep. Where would u like/plan to go? I planning for NZ. :thumbsup:

evq said:
Hahhaa.. talk abt those endless steps up the hill(Jeju Island, Korea) & rainy days... :sweat:
Me next trip? Likely next aug/sep. Where would u like/plan to go? I planning for NZ. :thumbsup:

I have not decide yet but hope to go somewhere far away. Must see see first loh.

DarkForce said:
I have not decide yet but hope to go somewhere far away. Must see see first loh.

How far?? Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.