Needed help with this photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenghong

Sep 17, 2006
hey guys,

I shot this picture in my bedroom using Canon 30D and a 580EX speedlite.
shutter speed is 1/60 and f5.6. However the picture turn out super under exposed.
This picure was shot straight away after i mount the flash to the body. Battery strength is tip top.
However after 10 minutes, i take another photo in the same setting, same location, the exposure is great.
Does the flash and body need to sychro and warm up ????
I think i need to send the equipments for servicing liao. sianzzz.....
Reall appreciation, if someone can enlighten me. Thanks guys

IMG_5731.jpg

something wrong w the flash. looks like it didn't fire at all.
contact lose la.

something wrong w the flash. looks like it didn't fire at all.
contact lose la.

Hey Bro, after the ten minutes of warming up, i mount the flash without even turning the knob, the flash can fire off and exposure is accurate. Contact is not lose, i suspect something is wrong with the flash internally. just wonder why need to warm up in order to work. :confused:

10 mins of warm up :think:

You might want to take it down for check up esp if within warr

10 mins of warm up :think:

You might want to take it down for check up esp if within warr

Will check with the service center regarding this weird problem.

You can perform self-test before visiting the service centre

- test your flash unit with another set of batteries
- test your flash unit with another DSLR
- test your camera with another flash unit

er... straight away after you mount on? did the ready light turn on? The flash need a litle time to charge up after you turn it on.

I'm just asking if there is this posibility.. please ignore me if I sound silly. :sweat:

er... straight away after you mount on? did the ready light turn on? The flash need a litle time to charge up after you turn it on.

I'm just asking if there is this posibility.. please ignore me if I sound silly. :sweat:

Hey bro, it doesn't sound silly. the ready light turn to red, but it just can't get it right in the first 10 minutes. The flash need to chage up though. I used sanyo rechargable, and i switch to quantum 6V. So its confirm not the problem with battery. Maybe its the charging up the flash itself.

To my understanding, 580 has some syn issue with certain model. It does not works with my 300D but works well with my 30D and 10D. A fren of mine who repairs cameras did told me the 580 has some reading issue. I suggest you send it back to CSC to have a check together with the photos

Hey bro, it doesn't sound silly. the ready light turn to red, but it just can't get it right in the first 10 minutes. The flash need to chage up though. I used sanyo rechargable, and i switch to quantum 6V. So its confirm not the problem with battery. Maybe its the charging up the flash itself.

If it didn't charge up enough, it should still fire, only that you won't get the full power. Send it in. It sounds like a problem with the firing electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.