Need Urgent Help from Clubsnappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

janzguy81

Nov 14, 2003
Hougang
photobucket.com
Hi, I apologise for this is not a photography-related thread but I do not know where else to seek answer from.

Basically, I'm involved in a suspected fraud case. What happen was that I put up my laptop for auction in Ebay and a buyer from United States expressed his interest in my item. The deal went on and now my item is in United States. However, I had informed Fedex to halt the delivery because I suspected that the buyer is a cheat. The buyer offered a method of payment (Western Union Money Gram) which I soon found out that does not exist.

My laptop is now in safe hands with Fedex and I have asked Fedex to ship the package back to me. Now what I need to know is, how do I report the fraud case?

Thank you very much. I will remove this thread as soon as I get some feedback from you guys.

Check with ebay customer service.

Should have checked if you have received the money before even sending.

You should have waited for the money to go through before sending the item. Alternatively, you can request for the buyer to use PayPal to send the money over before sending. I'd suggest that you seek help from the local police but I doubt they are able to do much. Chances are the culprit will go scot free and unaware sellers will still fall for his trick.

Cheers

I thought there is such thing as Western Union Money xxx... Not sure if there is a gram or not? Think there is a Western Union Money branch located at Lucky Chinatown building. Maybe you can check with them first before involving the police. End of the day it might just be a miscommunication.

Use eBay's customer service to help you with this. They deal with this frequently, and probably know the way of resolving the issue.

Call: 63362000 for Western Union.

It will take 3 days to reach the bank account.

janzguy81 said:
Hi, I apologise for this is not a photography-related thread but I do not know where else to seek answer from.

Basically, I'm involved in a suspected fraud case. What happen was that I put up my laptop for auction in Ebay and a buyer from United States expressed his interest in my item. The deal went on and now my item is in United States. However, I had informed Fedex to halt the delivery because I suspected that the buyer is a cheat. The buyer offered a method of payment (Western Union Money Gram) which I soon found out that does not exist.

My laptop is now in safe hands with Fedex and I have asked Fedex to ship the package back to me. Now what I need to know is, how do I report the fraud case?

Thank you very much. I will remove this thread as soon as I get some feedback from you guys.

LOL .... Western Union Moneygram can only be a fraud when the SELLER gets the money and not sending the item :D LOL ....

Buyer can seldom be a fraud in this case as the buyer pay cash for Western Union to go through. What you can do is get the Western Union's Money Transfer Control Number and the Sender's Name, go to the nearest post office (Singapore Post office happens to be the authorised agent for Western Union Money Transfer), check the status of the money (which most probably reached Singapore, since it is as good as wire transfer), collect the money and ask Fed Ex to continue sending your parcel .....

Else, you will be the one committing the Fraud :D LOL......

Status
Not open for further replies.