NEED URGENT HELP - Foreigners/Employers - About Employment Pass

fozosix

Nov 2, 2009
Ok.. here is my condition..

I just finished my studies in one of local polytechnics in Singapore.. with Tuition Grant (3yrs bond)

Cause I wanna serve the bond, I quickly gt myself a job..
So I got a job.. and I was asked to start this week
I just surrendered my student pass, which I ended up with Social Visit Pass..

When I called MOM regarding employment pass/s-pass.. they said that the company will apply it for me..

So my questions are:

1. I'm just fresh-grad with diploma.so my salary will be less than $1.8k which is below s-pass requirement.. will I still be able to get S-PASS? or even better EMPLOYMENT PASS with my current condition with Tuition Grant Bond?

2. If let's say this week I go to the company to sign the contract and the employer decided to apply the pass for me.. and in the end the pass is rejected.. What will happen?

3. How long will it take for me/employer to know whether the pass is accepted / rejected?

upz upz

upz upz

Ok.. here is my condition..

I just finished my studies in one of local polytechnics in Singapore.. with Tuition Grant (3yrs bond)

Cause I wanna serve the bond, I quickly gt myself a job..
So I got a job.. and I was asked to start this week
I just surrendered my student pass, which I ended up with Social Visit Pass..

When I called MOM regarding employment pass/s-pass.. they said that the company will apply it for me..

So my questions are:

1. I'm just fresh-grad with diploma.so my salary will be less than $1.8k which is below s-pass requirement.. will I still be able to get S-PASS? or even better EMPLOYMENT PASS with my current condition with Tuition Grant Bond?

2. If let's say this week I go to the company to sign the contract and the employer decided to apply the pass for me.. and in the end the pass is rejected.. What will happen?

3. How long will it take for me/employer to know whether the pass is accepted / rejected?
Try to get a job first, and I think you are allowed to stay in Singapore on a Social Pass visit when awaiting for employment (Provided you applied for a job and got accepted), and for approval of the Work Permit or Employment pass. Once you get the in-principle approval from MOM, you can basically start working already.......

All this will take a few weeks likely, go to MOM to double check if you are allowed to stay here (I think so) while waiting for the whatever pass.

As for S-pass income requirement, better check with MOM too, they can provide you details, not people on Clubsnap......

HS

thanks for the reply!
okay noted..

thanks for the reply!
okay noted..
Hi, what I meant with (not) asking these serious questions on Clubsnap, is that it may not be useful as someone may give you the wrong info, so therefore it is best to check with those who knows best (MOM) in these matters. Also, many official things changes very fast in Singapore, so to get the latest correct info best to go to MOM......

Good luck! They won't bite, actually they are very helpful, just that you need to wait long time sometimes......

HS

my advice to you - i think you should just check with mom afterall they are the authorities on this.

EP min salary is $2500

Last edited:
hi,

Even i was in your position. before getting a job you can apply for EPEC- Employment pass eligibility certificate, Then you can stay in singapore for a year. even i have signed tuition grant, within a year try getting a good job, then the company will apply for your . they will try applying both s pass and employment pass. There is high probability for a local singapore diploma graduate to get employment pass. The salary is not a matter just because you are a local student.

This is what i did.

so nothing to worry