Need some help, how to take engagement photos?

shuk84

Sep 28, 2009
cck,Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hai guys.I need some advice on how to take engagement photos...what are the important things that I need to take note and what are the best settings to use in order to produce nice pictures?can you all help me? Thankz.:)

Hai guys.I need some advice on how to take engagement photos...what are the important things that I need to take note and what are the best settings to use in order to produce nice pictures?can you all help me? Thankz.:)

Actually different couple have different requirement. Talk to them and ask them. First recognize who are the important people right from the start.

this questions cant be answer by us..

this is not a Canon specific discussion, thread moved.

Thread title too generic, edited

and you can find many ready answers related to your questions by using the forum search tool, using the keywords "wedding", on search thread title only, search in "General Discussions"

TS, you can try switching to the "wedding" or "engagement" mode. :bsmilie:

How about the setting for indoor and outdoor and what lens to use?
Your camera has no wedding mode? Throw it, get a real professional tool. Once you are in the shop also ask for wedding lenses. I'm sure the sales man will have some recommendations for you.

Your camera has no wedding mode? Throw it, get a real professional tool. Once you are in the shop also ask for wedding lenses. I'm sure the sales man will have some recommendations for you.

Yeah, the Vitacon 0.5x Wedding Group mode lens.

TS, you can try switching to the "wedding" or "engagement" mode. :bsmilie:

i try to find the 'wedding' mode on my camera but to no avail . . . is it hiding somewhere ?
i read my manual from beginning to the end again but still can't find it . . . :bsmilie:

Hmmm, think i will paste a 'wedding mode' sticker on my camera . . . :think:

TS - Please don't bother taking pictures at an engagement if you are still asking questions about how to optimize images from your camera. Without the most basic knowledge, there is no good pictures. And if you are the main or only photographer, you may be doing the couple a disservice here... just my honest opinion.

Cheers... :)

How about the setting for indoor and outdoor and what lens to use?

For engagement photography, please note that there are shoots which cannot be missed . . . such as :
1 when they are signing the dotted line; bride, groom, witnesses etc
2 exchange of rings
3 people in the room/place
4 that little kiss
5 etc

Indoor and outdoor setting varies depending on the light condition . . . i suggest that you try out at home or at the location before the actual shoot.

Hope this help a bit.

Cheers, enjoy your shoot. :)

Last edited:
TS - Please don't bother taking pictures at an engagement if you are still asking questions about how to optimize images from your camera. Without the most basic knowledge, there is no good pictures. And if you are the main or only photographer, you may be doing the couple a disservice here... just my honest opinion.

Cheers... :)

I agreed with Driveanegg . . . get another photographer to be with you to play safe.

Even for me, i will shoot with another of my partner as backup. Cos there is no 2nd chance.