Need recommendation for Child Friendly Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnka

Apr 16, 2003
Singapore
hello guys, need some help :)

I'm having a dinner gathering with a bunch of college buddies this friday and the main issue now is to find a place that serves good food and is child-friendly. Any recommendations?

all advise appreciated ;)

Actually don't really get what you mean by Child-friendly, most restaurants are child-friendly if what you mean are baby chairs, etc. :)

what about hard rock cafe ... ? they give a complimentary jigsaw puzzle and balloon for each kid.

espn said:
Actually don't really get what you mean by Child-friendly, most restaurants are child-friendly if what you mean are baby chairs, etc. :)

by child friendly, i meant the restaurant takes an effort to keep the children entertained while the parents have their dinner... for example, some Mcdonalds outlets are child-friendly by having children's play corner. Or when you are flying, the air stewardess will give the child some toys to play with (in this case its not a restaurant ;p ), etc, etc.

dnka said:
hello guys, need some help :)

I'm having a dinner gathering with a bunch of college buddies this friday and the main issue now is to find a place that serves good food and is child-friendly. Any recommendations?

all advise appreciated ;)
Try Globetrotters in United Square. They have a children's playroom within full view of most seats in the restaurant.

sfhuang said:
what about hard rock cafe ... ? they give a complimentary jigsaw puzzle and balloon for each kid.

now that's child-friendly :D thanks for the lead... will check them out (only been there once actually :embrass: )

any other choices?

another one is dan ryan's chicago grill near tanglin mall. Very good food, and I think they give balloons and stuff to keep children occupied too.

Darren said:
Try Globetrotters in United Square. They have a children's playroom within full view of most seats in the restaurant.

Thanks Darren ;) what food do they serve? Western?

dnka said:
by child friendly, i meant the restaurant takes an effort to keep the children entertained while the parents have their dinner... for example, some Mcdonalds outlets are child-friendly by having children's play corner. Or when you are flying, the air stewardess will give the child some toys to play with (in this case its not a restaurant ;p ), etc, etc.
Ah... ok. I don't have kids, so I don't know about these. Normally I end up being the one humouring my nephew & niece at the dinner table :)

Yup swensens will be pretty good... but T1 is very noisy!! really all kids, try T2, they give balloon.. play at T1, get balloon and eat at T2...! :p

How about Vilage at basement of China Square Central? Mache type concept but a lot less crowded. They also have a small play area for kids.

thanks all for the great responses ;)

now to do some homework on the above suggestions for the session tonite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.