Need help with a link in clubsnap that I can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
I need a help... A few days ago, I went to a link put up by someone very kindly in clubsnap. It is about this writer who took a pic in the Grand Canyon with his EOS 1v and 24mm TS-E lens. He was explaining in details how he used Photoshop to correct for a 10 stop difference in exposure between the foreground and the sky.

Does anyone have the link? I lost it and would like to read the article again. Thanks very much!!! :)

:thumbsup:

step by step guide to "stacking" of photos to create wider dynamic range..

Very useful for PS amature like me

i dunno if this can applied to astrophotography too, those who use digitial camera with telescope to shoot at stars also use smilar technique...cos digital camera cannot use long exposure due to noise, so the photographer will shoot 10-20 shots at short exposure, then 'stack' them up

Ian, correct me if i am wrong...i am still looking forward for your astrophotography tips file...my friend have this telescope which use a 8" mirror, no lenes inside....aiyah..i forgot the brand again...

There are a few ways of doing it, all of them very time-consuming (arrghh). Anyway, one of the reasons to look forward to digital.... continuously bracket everything and use digital ND grads

my earlier examples:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4462

Anyway, I had to rework one of my favourite photos (that incidentally, no one seems to like either here or in photosig - they just want cute birds) for the NPSS contest [I doubt they'll like it either but...], so I had to redo my digital ND grad again.

Here it is:

acj.jpg

-0.7, +0.7 exposures

ack.jpg

Merged.

p.s. if they disqualify this image because a boat is 'man-made' I'll scream....

Erwin,
The final pic looks really good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Darren!!! Yup it was u!!! *hugs* Took me a long time b4 that to search 'cos I forgot which post I saw it.

erwinx, very nice image!!

Originally posted by Darren
Erwin,
The final pic looks really good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yay!!! someone actually likes it :)

(half in jest, because the story is that this photograph is the photo I wanted to take, however, another photograph taken moments before at the same location, which I did not plan for and was a technically flawed 'grab'shot, proved FAR more popular...)

Originally posted by erwinx
There are a few ways of doing it, all of them very time-consuming (arrghh). Anyway, one of the reasons to look forward to digital.... continuously bracket everything and use digital ND grads

my earlier examples:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4462

Anyway, I had to rework one of my favourite photos (that incidentally, no one seems to like either here or in photosig - they just want cute birds) for the NPSS contest [I doubt they'll like it either but...], so I had to redo my digital ND grad again.

Here it is:

acj.jpg

-0.7, +0.7 exposures

ack.jpg

Merged.

p.s. if they disqualify this image because a boat is 'man-made' I'll scream....

Nice pics, very tranquil.

Well, I think that "no man made objects" rule is nothing but silly. Especially in a case like yours.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.