Need help reviving a Polaroid SX-70 Land camera

Shazi

Jan 3, 2016
Singapore
Hi Guys,
I am trying to revive my dad's old SX-70 which I managed to dig out from all his old stuff. Im pretty sure it hasnt been used for the last 30 years. While I have found places to buy impossible film, does anyone know who can help with any repair/refurbishing work (if any)?

Thanks
Shazi

Hi Guys,
I am trying to revive my dad's old SX-70 which I managed to dig out from all his old stuff. Im pretty sure it hasnt been used for the last 30 years. While I have found places to buy impossible film, does anyone know who can help with any repair/refurbishing work (if any)?

Thanks
Shazi

it 's not worth your while even to think about it.Polaroid Corporation is bankkrupt just like
Kodak film.Some company bought over it's brand name.Consider this there is no gaurantee that after
spending money that it can function.The instant film cum battery pack is no longer in production
so what you have are expired films.It belongs in a museum or at least in your display cabinet as a reminder of things past or conversation piece.When you think of instant film it will invaribly be Fuji instax film and camera,that's right it's japanese.Once a competitor to Kodak.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/18/3890608/as-polaroid-fades-away-technicolor-tries-to-innovate

Last edited:
Agreed with OEJ.
So what if you able to revive it, at the cost of about $4 per photo, how many photos and how long do you think you can shoot with this camera?
Just keep it as it is if you think it has sentimental value.

I concur with the above. If the camera is not working, it's not worth it to refurbish it unless there's sentimental value in the camera. If you are thinking of selling it as a novelty after refurbishing it, you won't be able to earn much as there are too many SX-70s around. Just take a look at the number of listings on Ebay with insane prices (Yet, not many people are actually buying).