Need help regarding some compact digi cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiao_cai7

Sep 12, 2002
East
Visit site
I want to get a camera , which is compact and take quality pictures. Good night shots and some manual settings.

These are some cameras I am considering.

1) Panasonic FX9
2) Casio Exilim Z750
3) Canon A610/620
4) Fujifilm F11

I did alot of research online, but yet to go down any shops to test them. Can anybody recommend which is best meeting my options and the prices quoted. Thanks

The cameras you mentioned are more or less comparable. Like you say, why not go down to the shop and try them all? See what you like. One man's meat can be another's poison.

Though the F11 seems to have superior night performance based on features and spec, but I'm only reading advertising material. Can't confirm this.

I'm using the F11 now, fantastic low light performance for a compact. Definitely superior to FX9, but I dunno abt the other 2 ...

It has only aperture & shutter priority modes, but no full manual control ...

Think the F11 has the best night performance.. I personally use a Casio Z750 as my compact P&S though, and its mediocre flash range and high noise leaves alot to be desired for ballroom/event type shooting. It's great during the day though and has loads and loads of other features.. :)

I have the Casio Exilim Z750 too, and the aperture priority manual setting is limited as there are only 2 choices. For night shots, if you're thinking of using the flash, the shot yurns out overexposed for the objects nearer the lens. But if you're taking buildings, scenery at night, then I absolutely lurve the Z750, because I obtained great pics by leaving the shutter open for seconds. Overall I'm happy with the camera.

look out for
- battery life
- type of battery used
- the ergonomics...which one feels best in your hand

Goldenstars08 said:
Canon A610/620 is a good choice.

I second tat. :)

i tested out the Fx9 and i must say the noise levels are appaling... maybe coz i already own a D70... so might be going for the F11 as well... will test my GF's F11 out 1st though...

Status
Not open for further replies.