Need help on website development

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsv13

Aug 30, 2006
Telok Blangah
Hi Guys
Can someone guide me with

1. the best tool available for website development ?simple and hassle free.
2. Any good template provider for forum ,foto gallery ,user registration etc ,where i just need to do small work and get my website up
3. I intend to go for shopping cart etc ,ecommerce without e-payment ..maybe wish to start with Cash on delivery etc.
4. Any Good tool you come across for logo development etc

also for webhosting if anyone has done some research on which vendor one is really hot now ? globally

Any Help is much appreciated .

cheers
Sudhir

Hi Guys

2. Any good template provider for forum ,foto gallery ,user registration etc ,where i just need to do small work and get my website up
3. I intend to go for shopping cart etc ,ecommerce without e-payment ..maybe wish to start with Cash on delivery etc.

also for webhosting if anyone has done some research on which vendor one is really hot now ? globally

cheers
Sudhir

I not sure about this stuff but i do see some on Blogspot as people host and sell their stuff there. Some even has PayPal.

Maybe you can check there?

this is one of the example

Thanks Charles

Will try to explore it.

i googled too but didn't really get one with shoping cart etc.

im sure many of our friends here have their own websites ..so just thought of getting some help

cheers
sudhir

Try to sign up with Bluehost.com

They have automatic forum tools, e-commerce, etc etc etc

if you have zero knowledge about setting up a site, you still can DIY, but will take you sometime to figure out how to integrate everything together, it can be few days, few weeks or few months, all depends on how many hours of effort you want to put into it.

If you have zero knowledge and want to create a website using built in templates, look for web hosting sites that use "Site Builder". Great tool and very easy to use. There are companies that will charge you $5K for building a site using that tool!!!

If you go the way of learning HTML and presumably CSS. It is a much bigger pain in the arse due to web browsers conforming to different rules. That is it will take some time to understand the hacks you will need to implement to ensure a uniformity in the different versions of IE (would start from IE 6 onwards), FireFox, Safari and Opera. These being the popular browsers.

I code as much as possible in CSS before using scripts to get around other problems.

if you have zero knowledge about setting up a site, you still can DIY, but will take you sometime to figure out how to integrate everything together, it can be few days, few weeks or few months, all depends on how many hours of effort you want to put into it.

Ya lor, that's me and i take forever to do up my site :cry::cry:

I guess Macromedia Dreamweaver should fit the bill.. dat's IF you are not a hand coding advocate. It's definitely capable w both front and backend development. There's still a learning curve tho. Ebay's an alternative option you might wanna consider.

Any vector proggie will be fine w rgds to the logo. :)

Hi Guys

cheers
Sudhir

1. Joomla
2. DIY, very simple, forum wise, get SMF... since free.
3. OScommerce. shopping cart system
4. as usual, PS or equivalent...

webhost hot = cheap = slow... u want? i'd rather get reliability over everything for commercial sites.

anyway, you seem extremely diversed. just do 1 at a time, i think you should get joomla 1st, then test out its feature, then use it as a eCart. then slowly move on to forum and a full fledge ecommerce system.

Thank You So much

In last one week i goggled and goggled and goggled

i tried all of your suggestions ,and i got much of what i need ... but all of them are in different pieces...

now i need to integrate them and i think this is really the biggest part

One last help ,Just in case If anyone has come across any web based restaurant ticketing and kitchen management template .

But yes i love this forum thanks a lot what seemed to be a far difficult task its now looking quite near and very promising.

Thanks all for your help .
Cheers Sudhir

Status
Not open for further replies.