Need help on tripod....

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

La|n

is the tripod selling at Carrefour for $19.90 worth it ?
if not, where to get relatively cheap and good tripod ?

thanks.. :D

I think it really depends on what camera you are using and your requirements for the tripod.

Didn't examine it closely, but I did see a quick release head which makes it more convenient to use. It looks suitable for small light compact cameras, but if you're using some heavy big SLR system, I doubt it will be stable enough.

Originally posted by La|n
is the tripod selling at Carrefour for $19.90 worth it ?
if not, where to get relatively cheap and good tripod ?

thanks.. :D
what camera/lens/accessories are you using? that makes a big difference due to the weight. i don't think the $19.90 Carrefour tripod can support the weight of a large SLR with flash and the works... :D

my $0.02 worth.

my camera is oni Fujifilm 2600Z, think its light weight enough...
but the tripod looks filmsy...

Originally posted by La|n
my camera is oni Fujifilm 2600Z, think its light weight enough...
but the tripod looks filmsy...
if its just the 2600Z, the Carrefour tripod probably can support that weight and size. just don't expect too much in terms of flexibility and check your joints. don't wanna have the camera smashing to the floor cos of a loose screw... every photog's nitemare. :eek:

is this tripod compact and can pull and reach until what height ?? :confused:

can support a 400g cam?

sorry for asking so many questions , me newbie. :D

Well, seldom will there be something cheap and good.

Offhand no idea.. don't expect it to be very tall as it's quite a compact n lightweight tripod.

Best if you go down and have a look at it and maybe bring along your camera to see if it's suitable for the camera. It's selling at carrefour in the photo dept.

hmm...

How tall can this tripod reach?

Also, what's the average height of a tripod that most people uses?

Originally posted by revenant
hmm...

How tall can this tripod reach?

Also, what's the average height of a tripod that most people uses?

The tripod selling at Carrefour for $19.90 can reached 1.4m as stated on the box.

Originally posted by cillin

The tripod selling at Carrefour for $19.90 can reached 1.4m as stated on the box.

How about it's weight?

Will it work with A40?

How about it's weight?

Will it work with A40?

Weight is around 1.1KG, should be able to work with A40. Forget what is that model not sure it is 3020 or 3040. For 3020 Giant selling $30++ whereas 3040 selling $40++. Not sure what is the different between 3020 and 3040 too.

I would recomand the Slik U8000 or U6600 for these DC.
They cost abt 50-60, can't remember.

They reach abt 1.4-1.6m in height, I think. Pan head tho` but light enough to carry ard and easily deployable!!

i think the Slik is selling at $30 @ AP......
its pan head....4get the model,

Originally posted by Bluestrike
I would recomand the Slik U8000 or U6600 for these DC.
They cost abt 50-60, can't remember.

They reach abt 1.4-1.6m in height, I think. Pan head tho` but light enough to carry ard and easily deployable!!

Hey, how do you all carry the tripod huh? Attach to bag? Carry with hand?

hand for me... my slik 6600 is 0.57m... can't fit into any of my bags... a bit troublesome i must say... :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.