Need help on ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

n77d

Jun 19, 2004
Hi all, a newbie here. My friend is asking me to help him take pic during his ROM cos of budget. I am using D70 and I only have the kit len and Af 50mm f1.8, and a 256 card, is it sufficiency?
Is external flash needed during the ceremony because I scare the pic will be under-exposure. What kind of setting to use in order to get sharp image of people? Thanks for reading and help.

You definitely need external flash for ROMs/weddings.

Do note that since he is on budget and is asking you to shoot, just do with what you have, he should understand that you don't have any experience as well so don't expect too much out of it. Don't go around buying stuff just for this ROM.

For safety sake, just shoot at f/8, that should give you a in focus shot near anywhere your focusing point is.

Go borrow an external flash, you'll need one trust me. Use the kit lens, you won't have time to change to the 50mm, anyway 50mm is not wide enuf in ROM. If possible borrow a larger memory card too. Gd luck :)

Battery's not necessary IYAM, cos a EN-EL3 fully charged can definitely hit more than 600 shots on the AF-S 18-70DX.

Internal flash might be blocked by the len hood of the AF-S 18-70DX? :dunno:

yes.....the lens hood will cause some problem....if u need extra lenses...can pm me....can try to lend u....haha..

Yup external flash is definitely needed as the lighting inside is pretty bad. A wide angle lens is also recommended but the kit lens should do nicely.

I helped shoot for a friend sometime back and ended up having to use PS to do fill-flash.

Thanks everyone for the quick response..esp witness. The problem is I dun have the external flash which i still saving up. Can i just use the internal flash without using the lens hood?

Hey man. you definitely need a CF card of greater capacity. try to borrow from friends or something. 512Mb x 2 is a good start. (as they say, don't just buy for this ROM).

Status
Not open for further replies.