Need help on lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo2k

Mar 29, 2004
Hello, need some advise on lens.
I hv decided to go into DSLR (ie 300D or D70), however I don't want to carry many lenses. I hv been searching for zoom lens of 28-300mm. My budget is ~$500. Can someone kind enough to advise me if Sigma and Tamron 28-300mm lens are good enough for beginner ? I would like to do landscape and simple marco shot. Will there be any AF focusing problem ? Any other recommendation is appreciated.

If you are going for 3rd party lens and on a digital body, you can take a look at Sigma 18-125. a 28-300 will not be wide enough on a digital body. Or you can wait for the Tamron 18-200 to be here.

photo2k said:
Hello, need some advise on lens.
I hv decided to go into DSLR (ie 300D or D70), however I don't want to carry many lenses. I hv been searching for zoom lens of 28-300mm. My budget is ~$500. Can someone kind enough to advise me if Sigma and Tamron 28-300mm lens are good enough for beginner ? I would like to do landscape and simple marco shot. Will there be any AF focusing problem ? Any other recommendation is appreciated.

hi,

i asked in another thread.... i am also looking at D70 and not too happy with the range of the kit lens.... i am thinking of 28-200mm... hey.... budget also like yours.. abt $500.....

unfortunately, from what i read, it seems that $500 is a super small sum of money in the world of lens.... can't even get you a second hand one.... not to say a brand new one..... hai..... got to save up lo.....

Have you thought about why you need a DSLR? If you intent to keep it as one-lens-do-all thingy, perhaps a prosumer digicam with a large zoom range may be what you really need, such as the Panasonic FZ20.

Status
Not open for further replies.