Need help on charges for photography / videography

newbies

Feb 24, 2010
Hi all,

I have been browsing through this forum and find that all of you have been very helpful. Hope fully I can find some help too. I have this 5 hrs night event (till 12am) coming up, which is actually a birthday party. Pls advise how should I charge for photography plus videography...

Thanks
Newbies

are you saying you are taking up an assignment,
which is a birthday party event,
that last about 5 hours till mid night,
and you need to shoot photo and video at the same time during this event,

but you not sure how much to charge for your service,
so you come to ask people here,
how much to price your service?

am I correct?

I hv yet to say yes to the job but yes, the birthday party is 5 hrs n last till 12am, n yes, they require photographer n videographer but I won't b doing both together, will b outsourcing probably either one but was ask to quote a charge...so quite lost as newbie I'm photography biz. Pls advise :)

My advice is for you to first let the birthday boy or girl know that it is your first time, then just quote them a price you are willing to take. It is not possible for us to tell you what to charge, having not seen your work before. If you ask me, how much would I pay someone with no experience, I would say $0.

Seriously, best that you get someone to shoot on your behalf then you be the backup and learn. Then split the money with him.. Else, if you screw up, it will be a bad start to your venture to photography.

My advice is for you to first let the birthday boy or girl know that it is your first time, then just quote them a price you are willing to take. It is not possible for us to tell you what to charge, having not seen your work before. If you ask me, how much would I pay someone with no experience, I would say $0.

Seriously, best that you get someone to shoot on your behalf then you be the backup and learn. Then split the money with him.. Else, if you screw up, it will be a bad start to your venture to photography.
I believe this birthday party has already over long ago, but never too early to plan for the next one if have any.