Need help in opening raw using cs3

Gikens

Jun 22, 2011
Hi bro n sis, I know tis might not be something new to ask but please do bear with me.
I m using d7000 to shoot raw n using cs3 photoshop but it doesn't seem to open raw file. I try google for it n it said I need to dl a converter or a software. I try doing but it doesnt seem to work. Maybe I dun understand wat it mean coz I m not really good in tis area. Can anyone here guide me or explain in a more simple way.
Thank you.

Hi bro n sis, I know tis might not be something new to ask but please do bear with me.
I m using d7000 to shoot raw n using cs3 photoshop but it doesn't seem to open raw file. I try google for it n it said I need to dl a converter or a software. I try doing but it doesnt seem to work. Maybe I dun understand wat it mean coz I m not really good in tis area. Can anyone here guide me or explain in a more simple way.
Thank you.

You need to install the latest Adobe camera RAW. However, I think the version of ACR that supports the D7000 is only version CS4 and newer, so you may need to upgrade.

An alternative is to download the Adobe DNG convertor - it will convert your .NEF to .DNG which your CS3 should be able to open without a problem.

Rashkae said:
You need to install the latest Adobe camera RAW. However, I think the version of ACR that supports the D7000 is only version CS4 and newer, so you may need to upgrade.

An alternative is to download the Adobe DNG convertor - it will convert your .NEF to .DNG which your CS3 should be able to open without a problem.

So I juz need to google for adobe DNG convertor download. Than I use tis software to open the raw and it will automatic convert it?

Rashkae said:

So u r saying after download, use tis software to open raw than it will convert it automatic?

So I juz need to google for adobe DNG convertor download. Than I use tis software to open the raw and it will automatic convert it?
This software will convert the .NEF files to .DNG, which is essentially just stripping the .NEF from all Nikon specific components and extracting the raw sensor data. This DNG is an vendor independant format which you can open with CS3. Your initial .NEF files will remain intact, you can save them for later if you want.

Octarine said:
This software will convert the .NEF files to .DNG, which is essentially just stripping the .NEF from all Nikon specific components and extracting the raw sensor data. This DNG is an vendor independant format which you can open with CS3. Your initial .NEF files will remain intact, you can save them for later if you want.

I have it dl but still can't open. It say there was an error parsing the file