Need help from our Malay-muslim members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi.

Racial Harmony Day's coming (21/7/2004) and I'd appreciate if you can direct me as in where I can get an outfit which personifies the Malay-muslim culture, i.e. perhaps those that you wear during Hari Raya(?). I hope to wear it to school on the day.

As you can see, I'm rather clueless on this however I'm also taking this opportunity to learn about your culture too.

Given that it's likely that I'll wear it only once, is there any avenue where I can rent one or to purchase a simple (yet not too ex) outfit?

TIA! ;)

what's your shirt size? I can loan you my full complete outfit if you fit mine. Im medium build but my wife says I'm getting larger (heheee.... thanks to her over feeding). Let me know ya.

Hi Adam. Since you are wering it only once I suggest you borrow it from one of our Muslim members here. We've met and I don't think mine will fit you. If all else fails then you could buy a pretty cheap one without all the other fancy stuff. You can try Geylang Serai. The prices ranges from $10, $20 to $70 and above.

To all Muslim members out there, Adam is reasonablly tall and should fit a medium or in some case even large size. So let's start racial harmony by lending him what he needs. Oh BTW don't forget the songkok.

rolzink said:
what's your shirt size? I can loan you my full complete outfit if you fit mine. Im medium build but my wife says I'm getting larger (heheee.... thanks to her over feeding). Let me know ya.

Hi rolzink.

Thanks for the offer; my height's 1.86m and I'm definitely not on the slim side, so will I fit? ;)

jbma said:
Hi Adam. Since you are wering it only once I suggest you borrow it from one of our Muslim members here. We've met and I don't think mine will fit you. If all else fails then you could buy a pretty cheap one without all the other fancy stuff. You can try Geylang Serai. The prices ranges from $10, $20 to $70 and above.

To all Muslim members out there, Adam is reasonablly tall and should fit a medium or in some case even large size. So let's start racial harmony by lending him what he needs. Oh BTW don't forget the songkok.

Thanks jbma ... wow ... it appears you know my measurements pretty well ... you must be really good at 'sizing' people up! :bsmilie:

Thanks for making the appeal on my behalf and the pointers too! ;)

Where do you stay? If you are buying, besides Geylang Serai, you might want to try and look for the baju kuromg at the nearest regional shopping centre or even at your neighbourhood centre, especially where there is a high concentration of Malays living there.

If you are going to Geylang Serai, you may buy the whole set of baju kurong at Joo Chiat Complex or Tanjong Katong Complex. At JCC, go to the second floor and walk around the many shops where you will find the clothes which would suit your budget. At TKC, go to the shop, 2nd Chance, which is at the first floor. It should be cheap there.

wow! you're tall man. Im just 1.7m only. Dun tink mine will fit you. Mayb just the top not the pants. You want to wear just the top with sarong? or you can try matching the top with other casual pants with similar colour. but not jeans ya. let me ask my bro-in-law 1st k. He's about 1.8m.

Status
Not open for further replies.